Chapter 23

My last memory from that plane ride was laying on Clay's shoulder, trying to stay awake so I can remember this moment forever.

I woke up to a feeling of nostalgia as I opened my eyes to see the blinding airplane lights and the smell of cheap airplane food and the suffocating scent of dry air surrounding us. My head was resting on Clay's shoulder and his hand was calmly resting on my thigh. I shot my head up hoping I didn't make things weird between me and him. We stared at each other scratching our heads until I looked over to Nick. He was up looking at his phone. And was drinking what seemed to look like coffee.

I rubbed my eyes as we landed and grabbed my backpack from under the seat in front of me. Clay slid out into the aisle and grabbed all three of our bags. I pulled up the handle on mine and started walking off of the plane.

Once we were all off of the plane, we sat down by some seats nearby.

"So... where are we going now?" Nick asked.

I looked up from my phone where I was texting George. I had made plans with George to have lunch with Clay and Nick the next day. I figured they would be too tired from the flight to go out and meet someone they've never seen before.

"Well, I have a few things I want you guys to see! Oh, also I booked you guys a hotel just for tonight because tomorrow we're going out to lunch with George!"
They looked at each other impressed as I had figured everything out already. Clay ran a hand through his hair and I watched him carefully as his hair sided to the left. I exhaled sharply and they both seemed to realize. I turned my head back down to my phone pretending like I was doing some special business.

We all got into a taxi and started off to the hotel I booked for them. After we arrived at the hotel, we pulled out our bags from the back and I checked the boys in. I told them I would pick them up tomorrow around noon and I would take them to the cafe to meet George. We said our goodbyes and I hopped back into a taxi and headed home, anxious for the next day. As we drove, my mind raced with negative thoughts. What if they didn't like each other? What if they got the wrong idea about it? I couldn't help but be nervous as I sat in the back of the taxi driving home.