Chapter 17

I sat on the plane in my own thoughts until the pilot made the announcement that we would be landing soon. The lights turned on and I heard a few groans from people sitting around me as the lights woke them from their sleep. I fastened my seatbelt and prepared to feel the shakes of turbulence as we started descending. My fingers clawed into my palms. I was always scared of being on planes. I squeezed my eyes shut as the aircraft started to shake. Only a few more minutes and then you'll see Nick. Just hold on. I cracked an eye open and felt a stare coming from the side. The man sitting across the aisle from me was smiling at me with wide eyes.

"I take it you don't like planes too much?"

"Nope. I hate them. Is it that obvious?" I let out with a giggle. We took a sudden dip and my stomach rose up to my throat. I shook in discomfort as the man next to me grabbed my hand to make sure I wouldn't freak out.

"I'm good. Thank you."

"Of course! I wouldn't want you to throw up all over my shoes," He said, making an ugly face. I giggled and turned back to the book sitting in my lap. I had forgotten I started reading it before I dozed off.

The man and I made small talk until the plane finally landed on the ground.

"Finally." I let out with a huff.

"Am I that boring?"

"No! Not at all! I just meant-"

"I know I know! I was just kidding," the man said smiling at me.

I stood up, forgetting the book was still in my lap and it bounced off of the carpeted floor into the middle of the aisles. I sighed and went to reach for the book. At the same time, the man next to me went to reach for it as well. I looked up and noticed his bright green emerald eyes, staring right back at me. Wow. They're beautiful, I thought. Well, that I thought.

"What did you say?"

Apparently, I can't control what leaves my mouth these days. I said that out loud.

"Oh. Uhm." I thought about lying or coming up with an excuse. But then I thought about how I would never see this gorgeous man again and just went for it. "Your eyes are beautiful."

"Well thank you!" He beamed as if he'd never heard that one before.

I picked up my book quickly before I got too attached to this man I met only a few minutes prior and hoisted my bag over my shoulder. I went to grab my suitcase, but a warm presence reached over my head.

"Let me get this for you, it's the least I can do."

"If you say so Mr. Bodybuilder." No seriously, he looked like he could lift up the whole plane.

He grabbed my suitcase with ease and plopped it on the floor, and pulled up the handle.

"Wow real smooth," I said with a smirk. He shook his head and looked away. I started walking away without saying goodbye. I had a small crescent formed on my lips as I heard footsteps speeding up behind me.

"Hey, wait!" I turned around to see no other than the bodybuilder.

"What do you need Mr. Muscle?" I asked in a lighthearted manner.

"Wow ouch, one insult after another." He held his hand over his chest and pretended to be hurt by my words. I let out a giggle and he continued talking.

"Would you want to hang out sometime? If you aren't too busy of course." He was thoughtful, which I liked.

"Possibly... But on one condition." He nodded his head as we continued to walk off the plane.

"You have to tell me your name and if you're a murderer."

"Oh come on now! Do I look that mean?"

"No-no-no. I just would like to know who I am going on a date with that's all!"

"Oh, it's a date?" He lifted the corners of his mouth as if he didn't already know. I, of course, became flustered assuming that this was more than platonic. My cheeks got bright pink and I started stuttering my words.

"Oh, uhm no no it isn't!" I nervously laughed. Ruining this friendship for sure. "I'm sorry I just assumed that's what you meant!"

"I'm kidding again! Of course, it's a date. I can't blame you, who wouldn't want to go out with me?"

I shoved him with my elbow as I told him to give me his phone. He unlocked it and handed it to me. I typed in my number and handed it back to him with a smile. We walked in silence and eventually came to an exit. I looked at him and put my arm straight out onto his shoulder. I talked in a serious manner as if this would be the last time we see each other.

"For now, we part," I said. He let out a small giggle and did the same motion as me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I will see you on the horizon, my love."

I leaned over, starting to wheeze. We stood there together, blocking the exit, probably annoying just about everyone else in the airport. And after we finished laughing for a solid three minutes like two tea kettles, I stood up straight, gave him a slight nod, and started walking away. I heard him chuckle and then footsteps walked in the opposite direction.

I finally called a taxi and was on my way back home.