Chapter 18

I was sitting in the back seat, tapping my hands on my backpack that was sitting on my lap. My eyes were fixated on my shoes. I started to doze off again until the taxi came to an abrupt stop. My backpack shifted along with me as I face-planted into the passenger's seat.

"Oh sorry! We're here."

"Ok, thanks." I rolled my eyes and stepped out of the car. I dragged my suitcase behind me as I approached the door. I took a deep breath, pulled out my key, and unlocked the door. I stepped into the house to silence.

"Hello? I'm home!"w

Silence.

I walked up to my room only to find it the same as I left it.

"At least it's not a mess," I said to myself.

I decided since there was no one here, I would just walk over to Nick's house. I quickly threw on a change of clothes and headed out the door.

I missed the smell of the Texas air. The leaves were sitting colorfully on the ground and I could hear the slight crunch as I took a step.

Once I arrived at Nick's house, I thought about what I was going to say. Or how I was even going to get into his house. Yes, I had a key but wouldn't it be inappropriate for me to just barge in? Especially since I left in such a bad way.

I felt a feeling of guilt as I heard the door open in front of me.

"Hey, Sapnap I think the pizza's here."

I looked up from my feet and I'm met with emerald green eyes. My breath hitched and my stomach dropped.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me. His face turned pale and he cracked a slight smile.

"I could ask you the same question."

We stood there for another short moment staring at each other. I noticed this time he was wearing grey sweatpants that had the Florida Gators logo on them and a plain white t-shirt. He looked like a very clean person. It was fitting.

The uneasy silence was broken.

"Hey dude what's taking so long?"

I looked behind him and met eyes with my best friend.

"Uh hey, Nick."

"Oh my god."

a/n

hey!! kind of a short chapter so maybee chapter 19 tonight not 100% sure though :) i hope you guys like this story so far I'm super excited about it!!