Chapter 13

~a/n~

hey guys!! this story is going to start to speed up, I promise!! I don't want yall to get bored reading this lol also I'm going to try to make the chapters a little longer maybe?? that's all, for now, enjoy this chapter!!

As fall continued to creep up, I got more and more lonely realizing George was my only friend I had made even though I had been living here for months. Nick continued to post on his Instagram and on other platforms. He seemed to be doing so well without me.

One night in the middle of October, I decided to text him and see what he was up to. I knew he probably wasn't going to reply, but I should at least try, right?

Hey!! We haven't talked in a long time... I started out typing. I know I left in a shitty way. The truth is I was worried that you would try to hold me back. Ever since we were at the cafe and you asked me what I wanted to do with my life, I had been questioning it myself. I figured, for now at least, I would just want to get away. From you, from my family, from that town.

As I poured my heart out through this message, I knew in my head I would never be able to send this. I don't have the guts to send something this serious to my lifelong best friend.

As I finished typing, I heard a crash from the kitchen. I walked out of my room leaving my phone sitting on my bed. As I walked into the kitchen, I saw George in an apron attempting to make what looked like a pastry. He looked up at me while a pan slipped out of his hand, hitting the floor and landing next to the one that fell 15 seconds prior.

"Butterfingers!"

"Am not!

"Are too!"

George grabbed a giant handful of four from the bag and started chasing me around with it. I ran in horror praying he wouldn't throw it at me and ruin my clothes. I looked for anywhere to escape and saw my room. I turned towards the direction of my room from across the apartment and sprinted full speed through the door, slamming it behind me, locking the door, and jumping onto my bed.

"Ha! You can't get me in here!"

As I finished my sentence, I heard a swoosh sound. It came from under my butt. I stood up and stared at my phone which now had a royal blue highlighted message with the word delivered under it.

"Shit."