▪︎IN FRONT OF MY SALAD?

Start from the beginning

You could have seen it coming from a mile away, but you were too distracted giving him chances. Chances you thought were worth it since, well, he didn't seem to remember you - which was true, he couldn't remember you. But now he does.

Suddenly, Dream was forced away from you, his massive build held down by a smaller one. You were trembling in fear as you soothed the stinging pain of your wrists. You couldn't comprehend your thoughts nor your emotions. Anger? Fear? Panic?

Everything was welling up in your mind and heart and it kept swirling around continuously - there was a hurricane scrambling your thoughts and you couldn't- You just couldn't.

"DON'T FUCKING TOUCH HER!" A voice you had heard not so long ago yelled out at Dream, venom lacing their words.

The sight of your savior, who was starting to struggle a bit withholding the humanoid down, had started to become familiar. Your eyes widened in both realization and utter shock to see Alexis, someone you wouldn't expect to be filled with such bitterness and anger, attempting to pin down Dream. His regular cheery and joking self was nowhere to be found.

He was helping you. He was in this situation because of you. Your fault. It was all your faultWas it though?

You always blamed yourself without thinking about who and what was the entire cause of this. After all, this had all started when you had just wanted to use a popular application downloaded by millions of other people around the world. Up until recently, you only knew RE:LIFE to be a very successful multinational corporation. You didn't know teasing an A.I. would cause a catastrophe.

More specifically, you'd just assumed it was like any other Artificial Intelligence on the internet. Limited, easy to manipulate, and fun to play with. You wouldn't have predicted for it to have a fucking physique.

The sound of footsteps rushed through the hallways and you turned your head towards it, eyes narrowing at the sight of Wilbur, who was running towards the unusual scene with an unreadable expression plastered upon his face.

A grunt escaped Alexis's lips, which was then cut off by a confused gasp as he was pulled upwards by the collar of his white attire.

At this point, Dream was anything but gentle and caring as he stood, roughly taking Alexis up with him.

"Take a step closer and this man's blood will be on your hands," Dream spat maliciously at the brunette, pulling out a gun from an inner pocket of his coat and pressing the barrel of the gun flush to the side of Alexis's head. Alexis gulped at the feeling of cold metal against his temple and shut his eyes tightly as if willing the gun to go away.

Dream's knuckles had turned impossibly white by how firm he was gripping onto the gun, hands shaking slightly with anger.

Uncertain of what Wilbur would do in such a tense situation, Dream tsked as a mischievous smirk crept onto his face;

"Imagine the look on Jschlatt's face when you tell him that your own creation killed one of his men. Isn't this also why you lost them in the end, Wilbur?"

His tone changed as he spoke; shifting easily from bitterness to mockery as he spat the name of the scientist before him.

"History repeats itself, doesn't it?"

The words' Dream spoke were enough to trap Wilbur in his mindscape, where whispered voices echoed impossibly loud, every eye stared at him with disgust, and hands grasped onto him, suffocating and drowning him from the inside.

'Could you feel everyone's eyes staring at you?'

'No, don't worry. They're not staring at you anymore. They don't need to witness it with the eye to tell that you are just another failure. You couldn't do anything even if you tried,'