I had to scream, but my head was under water.

Start from the beginning

She didn't even smell like herself anymore. She smelled like Olivia.

Tom was sure she had fell from the astronomy tower which resulted in a full personality change. Or, she was kidnapped by Grindelwald and the girl was someone else pretending to be her.

Tom snapped out of his thoughts and started making his way towards his own table. His followers were chatting away nervously, already sensing the heir's cold demeanor

Tom flopped himself on the bench and started loosening his tie a bit. His eyes never left Leo. Malfoy, Avery, Lestrange and Nott looked at each other and then followed their leader's gaze. They all looked at Leo and each one of them widened their eyes. Unlike Tom, his followers were all normal teenagers. When they noticed her, each one of them suddenly took an interest in the girl.

Malfoy was the first one to speak his mind.

"My lord, did the girl do anything to anger you? We all could teach her a lesson."

The boys looked at Tom expectantly. Tom shifted his gaze and looked at his fingers. A sinister smile played on his lips. The boys also started smiling. Tom glanced up at all of them and stopped once his gaze fell on Malfoy.

His smirk dropped and his whole expression turned stoic.

"Malfoy, do not speak unless you are spoken to. Next time it would be you who would be getting a lesson," Tom warned through his teeth. All the boys immediately looked down to their food and started shoving them down their throat.

Tom's gaze fell on the girl once again. What he saw almost made him choke on the pumpkin juice that he was sipping on. Leo was sitting on her table, eating small bites of what looked like porridge. Not a hint of any cake or biscuits on her plate. She was chewing and swallowing like a normal person and wiping the non existent food on her mouth occasionally.

The whole Ravenclaw house was staring at her too. It was not only Tom that had noticed her odd appearance and behaviour. Tom furrowed his eyebrows when Peter from the Hufflepuff table approached the small girl.

He whispered something into her ears. Tom tried to read her expression but she was hiding it too well with an overly sweet smile. She left her unfinished food on the plate and left with Peter while hundreds of eyeballs followed their movement.

An unsettling feeling crept into Riddle's stomach. He eyed his toast in distaste. The girl even managed to ruin his breakfast for him. He pushed his plate away and stood up. The boys surrounding him gave each other nervous looks but none of them dared to speak a word.

The heir of Slytherin made out of the Great hall without saying another word. The bitter taste in his mouth seemed to increase as soon as he came across Peter and Leo.

Leo was backed up against the wall. Peter was holding one of her hand while the other was pressed beside her head, blocking her way to escape. Tom decided to ignore them completely and walk away. Unfortunately, his mind was not one with his body.

His feet started moving on its own. Before Peter could go any further, Tom cleared his throat to grab his attention. Leo refused to look him in the eyes. However, Peter was a whole different story. The brown haired boy swiftly turned around to face the one who interrupted him yet again.

Once he saw Tom Riddle, a smug expression took over his face. Tom bit the inside of his cheek to keep himself from attacking straight away.

"It is you again. But this time Maybelle is mine! She is even wearing the ring!" Peter exclaimed and pulled Leo's hand to show Tom, "See? She is mine and she surely does not need you anymore. So, stay away, Riddle."