Ch 2 - Let's Go on a Flight

The hustle and bustle of traveling is a hassle to any passenger – Umi was no exception to the rule. Umi apologized to several patrons as she accidentally bumped into them, trying not to lose Honoka and Kotori in the crowded airport. Not recognizing her pace, she bumped into Kotori when Honoka came to an abrupt halt. After apologizing to Kotori, she checked the time on her phone. Great, its 4:45 PM, Umi sighed. If Honoka didn't had to pack additional stuff at the last minute, we wouldn't have been late. We supposed to had met Eli, Nozomi and everyone else fifteen minutes ago. Umi was brought out of her thoughts by the conversation Honoka was having on the phone.

"Eli-channn, where are you? We don't see you nor the lounge anywhere. Hm. What's that? Terminal... Ohhh," Honoka laughed. "I get it. Thanks a bunch Eli-chan." Honoka ended the call. What is she laughing for? We're late and we're lost! This no laughing matter!

"Umi-chan! If you keep frowning, your face will get stuck like that." Kotori hinted with mirth while poking Umi's cheek. Umi blushed and slightly jumped from Kotori's touch.

"Don't worry Umi-chan! I just got off the phone with Eli-chan. We're not lost. We just took a left when we should have taken a right." Honoka said with excitement and Umi groaned.

When they eventually made it to the right location, Umi scanned the area until she spotted Eli and Nozomi waving at them from the lounge. The relief that Umi briefly felt was short-lived when she didn't see the former first years and Nico. Not giving Umi enough time to delve on it, Honoka rushed over to Nozomi. Kotori took brisk strides; Umi casually walked.

"I missed you!" Honoka glomped Nozomi, nuzzling into her chest. Nozomi giggled and patted Honoka's head. Umi shook her head and softly smiled at the scene in front of her. She really is like a puppy. At least I can enjoy this before attending to the pressing matter at hand.

"Honoka-chan, I just seen you last month when Nicocchi told us about this trip."

Eli playfully sulked, "Where's my hug, Honoka?" She embraced the energetic girl. "You too Umi, Kotori."

Next thing Umi knew, she was being pulled into a group hug along with Kotori.

"Oh, group hug! I want in nya!" Rin appeared out of nowhere, startling Umi.

Umi placed her hand on her chest and scolded Rin. "Rin! Don't just pop out like that! Where did you come from? I didn't see you when we arrived."

Rin pointed over to the buffet in the dining area. There Umi noticed Hanayo sat at an empty, long table, happily eating rice and curry. "This lounge is amazing nya! They got all this incredible food and this specialty made bread – "

"Bread! Lead the way Rin-chan!" Honoka exclaimed, licking her lips. Umi grabbed the back of Honoka's shirt, preventing her from taking another step.

"Wait a minute you gluttonous fiend, before you drag Rin back over to the buffet, we need to know where's Maki and Nico."

"Geez Umi-chan, I'm not Maki's keeper. Once Kayochin finished her VP duties and I finished my secretary stuff, we offered to help Maki-chan with anything that she had left to do. She told us to go on to the airport and she'll catch up with us nya." Rin leaned closer to Umi and whispered, "Now you didn't hear this from me, but I think Maki just wanted to stay behind to wait for Nico-chan."

As if on cue, Maki and Nico entered the lounge. They headed over to them with luggage in tow.

"Sorry we're late. Maki-chan was leaving extra documents and instructions behind for Yukiho and Alisa." Nico lifted her sunglasses up and turn to face Maki. "Like its only for a couple of days. If those two can handle their big sisters, they can handle this as well. You need to stop worrying so much."

Maki huffed, "It was not like I was worrying or anything. To handle the idol research club as well as cover my duties as student council president... I wanted to make sure they were well prepared."

Honoka pulled away from Umi and walked to Maki's side, placing her hand on her shoulder. "Yukiho totally got this! Consider it the Kousaka gene! Now, can we please go eat?"

 "Yukiho totally got this! Consider it the Kousaka gene! Now, can we please go eat?"

"You seem to be quite excited."

"Why of course I am, Umi-chan! I never been in business class before! Just imagine how amazing it going to be." Honoka beamed as they boarded their flight.

When she entered their cabin, she was left slack jawed. A 2-2-2 configuration with a color scheme and modern design that screamed elegance. Cream colored walls contrast the burgundy seats, which each adorned a large entertainment screen. A partition screen separated each seat. It seemed like everyone had direct access to the aisles. A private suite in the skies. Honoka, practically bouncing in place, quickly took her seat. Oh my goodness! This seat is sooo comfortable. Look at all this leg room, I'm gonna sleep like a baby!

Kotori giggled from Honoka's enthusiasm. She took the seat on Honoka's right – Umi sat alone on Honoka's left. Eli and Nozomi took the two centered aisle seats in front of Kotori. Nico sat across the aisle from Nozomi. Rin and Hanayo sat together in front of Nozomi.

"Damn Maki-chan, who did you have to kill to get this kind of hook up nya?"

"Rin, don't say that." Maki walked to the window seat next to Nico and slid her carry-on in the storage compartment. "One of my dad associates know someone name Ohara something that didn't mine help funding Nico trip that she planned for us. Besides, my dad did say 'This is your last year before medical school, you need to enjoy it'"

"That make sense. Your last hurrah before you drown in misery nya!"

Maki frowned. She put on the headphones that were provided as well as the eye mask. "Nico-chan, wake me up when they come around with the in-flight meal." She proceeded to raise the partition.

Nozomi shook her head and placed her hand on top of Eli's. "You know... since this is going to be a long flight, do you want to join the club?" The mischievous glint in her eyes caused Eli to smirk.

Rin turned around in her seat, surprising Eli. "Nani Nani, I want to join the club too nya! What's the club?" Rin inquired, cocking her head to the side.

Eli nervously rubbed the back of her neck. "Well you see..."

"Shameless!" Umi exclaimed, face as red as Maki's hair.

Honoka exploded with laughter. Oh Umi-chan, you should know this by now. Eli-chan and Nozomi-chan are totally going to screw in the bathroom later. The moment eventually subsided as safety videos, flashing seat belt signs and flight attendants took precedence. Honoka took a deep sigh and rested her chin in her palms.

"What's the matter, Honoka-chan?" Kotori whispered, breaking the silence between the two.

"Nothing. It's just really amazing that we madea promise to go back there" – Honoka grabbed Kotori's hand and squeezed it –"and now we're heading back to New York, together." Honoka flashed a warm smileat Kotori, not noticing the bittersweet smile on Umi's face.