Chapter 9

Sirius led the three other boys, they were practically skipping and jumping up and down in happiness. He was heading towards his boyfriend, so overly excited, he couldn't wait to share the great news he received just yesterday. Once he reached the courtyard, he saw him sitting with his siblings, the Marauders basically sprinted the last few yards to them. This made the four siblings look up, Acacia kept doing whatever she was and Hedy wasn't present.

"Yes?" Adonis laughed out at his boyfriend's ridiculous antics.

"She smiled!" Sirius shouted.

"At him!" James shouted, finishing the sentence. The siblings were still confused, this was not enough information to explain the boys. Peter seemed to be the only one calm enough to see the confusion.

"Hedy." This made the siblings nod in understanding before realization dawned on them, they all snapped their heads to Remus at the same time, even Acacia. Remus was just smiling and nodding at them.

"Hedy?" Acacia asked.

"She smiled at you?" Ajax continued.

"Like a real smile?" Phoenix finished.

"It was real with emotion, though it was sad. She had just finished dancing and singing, then she saw me and it happened." Remus explained, the siblings were all shocked, this was the first time the boys had seen them shocked.

"And then?" Adonis asked nervously. This was where Remus's smile faltered, letting the siblings know it wasn't all good.

"Well... it was just gone, almost as if it wasn't ever there."

"Are you sure it did happen?" Acacia asked him, Remus was not happy about this question and rolled his eyes at her.

"Yes, I'm not making it up!" Adonis didn't say anything, he just got up and walked out towards the black lake, the others watched him in confusion. The marauders turned to the siblings.

"Um, where is he going? I thought this was a good thing." James asked. Zared and Phoenix just shrugged, but Ajax and Acacia were looking at each other before their eyes widened and they scrambled to get up.

"Whoa, whoa! What's up with you two?" Zared asked, concerned by his siblings's odd behavior.

"Adonis." Acacia simply said, which made Zared even more confused.

"He's going to Hedy." Ajax further explained which made both Zared and Phoenix jump up and the four ran after Adonis. The Marauders were very confused but sprinted after them. When they arrived at the black lake they were obviously walking into an argument.

"You brought them back!" Adonis shouted, this made the four siblings and boys look towards the sound, where they saw Adonis and Hedy standing facing towards each other. Adonis was clearly upset, Hedy, on the other hand, was in a very care-free stance.

"Bring them back!" He shouted again.

"No." Adonis did not take kindly to this response, he almost growled at her and balled his fists up. Hedy took a step closer to him, making them less than a foot apart. "They are never going to come back." The four Marauders were very concerned, it looked like Adonis was getting ready to beat his sister but that just didn't seem like him, which made them confused. Before anything else could happen Acacia and Ajax ran up to them, Ajax to Hedy and Acacia to Adonis and pushed them back away from the other. Ajax was pushing his sister up towards the castle, she was more willing to walk away than her twin, who was pushing Acacia off of him but she wouldn't budge.

"Hey! Hey! What the hell were you thinking!?" Adonis looked at his sister, still clearly upset. "Go run it off for fucks sake!" She shoved him and that's exactly what he did, took off in a run. "Fucking idiot" Acacia sighed as she reached the group of six still watching.

"Wha-" Sirius tried to ask but was cut off.

"Just give him a few mins, he'll be back." Zared said, and the three siblings left four very confused boys.

☆☆☆☆☆

No one ever brought up the argument because if they did they would get no response from the two twins, but things were not normal. The entire school noticed it, even the teachers. The siblings would no longer sit together, it became clear that there had been an argument and the siblings took sides. Hedy, Ajax and Acacia retreated to the Ravenclaw table; when Acacia did have to sit with the Slytherins she and her sister would sit at opposite ends of the long table. Zared and Phoenix stuck with Adonis at the Hufflepuff table, the Marauders were confused but stayed with Adonis for Sirius. In classes that they shared, Hedy and Adonis would now sit alone, they wouldn't even glance at each other.

It had been a month and Sirius could tell that his boyfriend was not his usual happy self, he missed his twin and it was painfully obvious to anyone who knew him well, so basically no one. He wanted his boyfriend back, plus Remus couldn't make any more progress with Hedy if the siblings were avoiding each other.

"Doni, what happened, hmm?" He finally asked when they were alone, Adonis just grunted. "Look, I know you're hurting, we all want the other three to come back, so what happened."

"I just want her to not be so cold, and when you guys told us she smiled I knew it was possible, but she just refuses."

"So, let's make her see that she can, then you can get her back and Remus and try and get her attention." Adonis smiled and nodded, he loved that his boyfriend wanted to help his sister just as much he did. They had a plan, they needed a time when she would be most willing to talk, which, with Remus's help, they found was when she was dancing. She would also have to be alone because Ajax and Acacia probably wouldn't let them get anywhere near Hedy, this was easy. They just needed to get Zared and Phoenix distract the other two with apologies, and all the siblings missed each other so it would be no problem. Then they would 'ambush' her while dancing and get her to see that Adonis is right, and she shouldn't be so cold because if people care they won't hurt her.

The time came, their plan had gone without a hitch, now they just had to get her to see. Remus, Sirius, and Adonis went to her, dancing as beautifully as ever. Adonis walked up to the stage just as the song ended.

"Hedy..." He grabbed her arm to gain her attention, "the guys have helped me see that I can help you."

"Adonis. You can't." She tried to pry him off but he wouldn't let go. "Adonis, stop this won't end well." The two boys who were watching were confused, what wouldn't end well?

"I can share it, it will work. I promise." Now the two were even more confused, what were the twins even talking about? Then all of a sudden Hedy gasped, but what really caught the attention of the boys was Adonis screaming out.

"Adonis. Let. Go." Hedy said though her voice was strained like she was trying to hold in her screams. He just shook his head.

"No, I told you I can share it." He was gasping for air between his screams. The boys were frozen in place, they couldn't move. What was happening, why was Adonis screaming. Eventually the screaming stopped, but for good, Adonis was now seemingly unconscious next to his sister.

"Adon-" She tried but couldn't get through, she fell on her back, groaning and gasping. Suddenly Ajax ran in, he pushed passed the two boys up to his siblings.

"Adonis. Doni!" He tried shaking him awake but to no avail. He then turned to his sister, and she was worse, coughing up blood, gasping for air like she couldn't breathe. The other three siblings rushed in and stopped to take in the horrific scene, Adonis unconscious, Hedy dying, Ajax crying and trying to hold up Hedy. They ran up, grabbed their siblings and then rushed out of the door, leaving the two boys still frozen in place.

☆☆☆☆☆

Dinner was very weird, the entire school was talking in hushed whispers. Rumours were flying at the speed of light, no one knew the truth. Here in the dining hall, on what should be a normal evening, was the source of the confusion. There were six people missing, one Gryffindor, two Sytherins, one Hufflepuff, and two Ravenclaws. Zared, Phoenix, Adonis, Hedy, Acacia, and Ajax. The Jones siblings. All gone. What happened? Where did they go? Why?

Those questions will go unanswered, as the next day they still weren't there, And the next week, the next month, and next year. The siblings were gone and no one knew why.