"Okay." I agreed not wanting to be here when Matt wakes up.

"hold on" I ran into my room grabbing my pair of dark Ray Ban sunglasses to cover my black eye. I placed them over my face and walked back out.

__

"Hi, i'm Sarah can I take your order?" An adorable old women with a bright smile politely asked. 

"Yep, can I have the Belgian waffles please." I smiled closing my menu and placing it over the table. She wrote it down before looking at Carter.

"Yeah, i'll have the Lumberjack slam." He smiled. She collected  our menus and left with a smile.

"So." He slammed his hands on the table.

"Are you gonna tell me what happened last night."  I rolled my eyes under my sunglasses. 

"Matthew got drunk. . . and. . .yeah." I mumbled before looking out the large diner's window. The air went silent and I wished for the food to just come, which I luckily was granted. 

"Belgian Waffles" The same lady bent down carefully to place my plate in front of me. I could smell the mouthwatering food and before she could place Carters food in front of him I grabbed my fork, ready to devour the food.

__

Once we had finished eating, and I could focuss on something other then my food, I could hear raindrops falling sequently on the roof. I looked outside and saw the rain from the grey skys. I always loved when it rained. It gave me joy and peace. To just listen to music and watch raindrops fall onto my window while my positive thoughts take over was something I definetly would choose over going out.

I heard shuffling across from me earning me to look over at Carter who was already standing up leaving a $20 bill on the table. 

I scooted out of the red booth and followed behind Carter. 

___

We got home and my view could see Nash and Aaron in the living room goofing around and laughing. I smiled and was about to make it up the first step of the staircase until I bumped into someone. I lifted my gaze to see Matthew.

"Hey babygirl." He greeted, brushing his fingers through his hair. I don't know why, but I feared him. I didn't wanna be around him, at least not right now. I was furious with him. I greeted him 'Good Morning' knowing he wouldn't let me walk off without a word. He leaned to give me a kiss, but I stopped him by backing away. He stared down at me with a confused expression, while I did the same. Did he really not remember?

"Scar, whats wrong?" He asked caressing my cheek. I brought my hand to my sunglasses and took them off, showing him the black eye that he had done to me. He looked shock.

"D-did I d-do that?" He stuttered staring down at my eye. 

"It doesn't matter. I'm fine." I pushed passed him, annoyed by just looking at his face.

"No Scarlett, you're not 'fine', Come here." He demanded, grabbing my arm, bringing me close. He examined my eye carefully as I avoided eye contact, slightly annoyed with him. 

He brought me into his bathroom and grabbed something from his medicine cabinet. I didn't even notice that he had a medicine cabinet. I leaned on the bathroom counter while he stood between my legs, applying the medicine gently around my swollen eye.

"There... all better." He smiled trying to lighten the mood. I rolled my eyes and pushed him away but he trapped me in between his arms.

"Please, don't ignore me. . . . I wouldn't bare it." He whispered and by the look in his eyes, you could tell he was being honest.

"I'm not ignoring you. . . But damn, I wish I could." I stared into his honey brown eyes. He looked kinda hurt and I felt my heart break for a second.

"Babygirl, i'm sorry." He pleaded, wrapping me in his arms. I didn't hug him back which caused his grip to tighten around my waist. I squirmed under his grip due to the pain.

"Hug me!" He yelled causing me to burst.

"Don't fucking scream at me. I should be screaming at YOU! You tried raping me." I yelled feeling the tears build up in my eyes.

"I'm fucking sorry! Okay? I'm not perfect!" 

"And I don't want you to be!" I screamed in his face. I saw his fist ball up signaling me to just stop, which I had no problem with. I left the room with a puffy face and tears rolling down my cheeks. 

___

I locked myself in my room the rest of the night, not wanting to be with anybody presence.

I laid in my bed, in the dark, sobbing. Late at night was when I had deep conversations with my thoughts. Tonight was one of them. 

"Babygirl?" I heard Matthews soft voice causing my puffy eyes to travel to the door. I was kinda surprised that he was still awake considering it was like 1 AM

"Can you just leave me alone?" I tried hard to keep a steady voice. He ignored my response and entered the room. 

"Babygirl, I know you probably don't forgive me, and you don't wanna talk to me, but I just want let you know that, I love you so much. . . And knowing those tears on your cheeks are because of me is killing me. . .I only want you to be happy cause you mean everything to me. And I know you probably don't believe that, but it's true. I know sometimes I can get angry and. . .mean, but I'm trying. For you. Everything I do is for you. I love you babygirl, please." He sat there for a few seconds waiting for a response that I didn't grant with at first. I heard him sigh and walk back towards the door.

"Matthew?" My soft, stuffy voice mumbled. He turned around and the look in his eyes made my whole body crumble.

"Can you lay down with me? I-I don't want be alone." I mumbled. He smiled genuinely and laid down gently next to me, wrapping his inked arms over me. This is what I craved desperately. He hugged me tight making me feel safe and protected from everything. I hated fighting with him. It felt like a tsunami of scary thoughts, like a world without him.