Dvadtsat' shest'

|Ilya Zharkov|
|Two weeks later|

It's highly famous that my wife doesn't –I can't believe I get to call her that– like being kept in the dark about crucial things that involve her or me directly but she's been so happy the last two weeks with her new-found brother which is highly important for me. The situation has been so good that tonight we are having dinner with her other two brothers.

"How does it look?" Sybella asked, snapping me out of my trance.

"Mhh?" I looked up at her.

She crossed her arms with a cocked up eyebrow "Why are you so distracted?"

I shook my head "It's nothing, malyshka, just thinking about work." My eyes moved to the beautifully set up table; there's no table cloth covering the gorgeously crafted wooden table, the crockery is magnificent handcrafted ceramic stoneware with matte white glaze with gold bathed silverware resting on the sides over black linen napkins, wine and normal glasses waiting in front of each plate to be filled. In the middle of the rectangular table there's a fresh blooms arrangement my wife made herself an hour ago. Sybella even made name cards...she's truly ecstatic.

"What about work?" she approached me and sat over my lap. "Do you need any help?"

My gaze diverted to meet hers "No, malyshka," I laced my left arm around her waist "it's something minor; you have your business to run and tonight is about connecting with your siblings, not about work that can be taken care of in the morning."

Sybella leaned down to peck my lips "I love you, bello."

"That's nothing new," I grinned and she chuckled. "At what time are they arriving?"

"Cossimo texted me ten minutes ago saying they were twenty minutes away so in no time they will all be here," a deep sigh left her mouth as she leaned her head on my shoulder. "Up until a couple of two weeks ago I thought myself alone in the world –blood relationships– and now it turns out that three of my eight half-siblings want to meet me...it's just unbelievable how destiny works, how things can turn your life around with a couple of words."

Her siblings on her mother's side don't know of her existence but I'm sure they would choose her kind-hearted sister instead of a lying bitch who abandoned her baby, leaving her in a precarious situation, being perfectly capable of walking to a church nearby or a fire station. 

A big smile curved my lips "I know no one worthier of happiness than my marvelous, brilliant wife."

"Someone is working on their sexual rights for tonight," she commented, making me chuckle. "You know you can have me whenever you want, baby," the took the glass filled with whiskey from my hand and took a sip.

She's going to murder me –or worse– when she finds out what Stabby told me yesterday morning; not because of the information but because every second counts and it's not like there's no one on it but she wants to take care of it personally, and rightfully so. You've probably figured out by now that I'm talking about Giuliano but until my wife knows everything, you can know nothing.

"When's your next period, malyshka?" I asked; my mind can multitask.

"Um," she hummed, reaching for her phone on the table; she has an app to track all that stuff so we can get pregnant a lot faster "Oh fuck."

"What?" I looked down at her with a risen eyebrow.

"My period was supposed to start two days ago but with Cossimo here, I never realised that I'm late," she looked at me with a breathless look.