She Makes Her Entrance | 03

"Kimiko."

I looked at mother who smiled like a proud mother.

"You are ready, Now go and clear those games. Swear on me and your parents, and to our comrades who disappeared."

I kneeled down on one knee and saluted using the left side of my fist.

I was about to go on my way until mother gave me a warm embrace and whispered to me

"After you cleared 3 games... Meet me at the beach. You know where."

I nodded and bid farewell.

I was wearing a crimson red hoodie, black shorts, black army boots, a grey mask to hide my face, a small black backpack with golden touches, and for gloves from mother that has the symbol of the Knave of hearts; It was pure black with white and red linings. And I brought weapons for me to easily clear the games.

I arrived at my first game and came after me were 3 men and 2 women. Before I entered, I catched one of the 3 men looking at me like they saw a million yen.
His hair looked messy and soft, He was wearing home wear. I looked away while he looked away as well while sighing shyly, And finally... The game begins.

"Life or death."

I stated, walking forward. The next thing I knew it, the floor smoked and the schoolgirl rushed into the Life door and got herself killed by the laser.

"Rest in peace, Little girl."

I putted my hands together like I was staying a prayer then strutted into the death door and yelled at them

"WELL WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! YOU GUYS WANNA LIVE OR NOT?!"

I was frustrated then I shook my head. They were terrified so they rushed into the death door and went to the same room as I did, But I felt like someone was watching me.

"Uhm... Are you already dead inside or you really bet you're gonna die?"

I said, sarcastically.

That Karube guy chuckled a bit while this Chota guy chuckled as well while this guy named Arisu scolded them while I just smirked. Oh wait a minute... He's that guy who was staring at me who looked like he saw a mountain of money.

"Welp, I suggest that you should figure out what the next door and following is."

Arisu looked at me and somehow after looking he was... Shy?

After a few moments, Arisu figured out what the "pattern" was and I just followed him and the others.

"We are gonna live! That's awesome, Arisu!"

One of his friends said while I just smiled.

We went through the next door and The three of them went in an embrace while the woman spaced until Arisu pulled me into a hug while I softly pushed him away and just returned a smile.

"I'm sorry, I was just happy."

He said, in a shy tone.

"It's fine, I'm used to people randomly hugging me because of Happiness."

He chuckled and said

"Shall we?"

I nodded with a smirk and went through many doors until the crisis happened. The final stage of the game was the doors were not in front of us, instead they were on the sides.

Arisu thought again while I just rushed into him and whispered

"Arisu... Think like you have a few moments to live. So which door should we choose and clear this game?"

He thought again and told Chota to give him his phone and saw the video he recorded earlier and he said we should go to the death door, We all fled into the door and went downstairs.

Everyone and I took a lot of breathing because of how much running we had back there.

I looked at this Woman named Shibuki and she took the card that is the 3 of spades card.

I remembered what mother told me about the games.

"Listen to me, Kimiko. Diamonds mean battle of wits, Spades mean strength, Club means teamwork battle, and Hearts... You know what, Child."

I looked up at her and said

"Trust and Betrayal."

She gave me her signature smile and laugh.

"What a smart girl!"

She laughed and applauded while I laughed along.

"Mother..."

Arisu looked at me in confusion.

"Uhm... What is your name?"

I looked at him and returned a smile I got from mother.

"Kimiko, Rinchi Kimiko. Nice to meet you, Arisu but you can call me Knave."

He smiled as well and shook hands with me.

"Kimiko, what were you doing before this whole mess?"

I looked at them, then looking down at my lap then back at them again.

"I was just walking around the rose garden at home then it rained so my mother told me to come back inside... Gladly I didn't get wet."

I said, smiling at them.

I heard Arisu, Karube, Chota, and Shibuki's story before this game and I didn't do anything but to relax them with some motivational conversations like how I did with mother when I'm having a hard time.

Ok... 1 game down, 2 more to go and I'm gonna go and reunite with mother. Well, mother... I made some friends.