i don't care

warnings: yelling, swearing, mentions of sex

summary: enemies to lovers type beat, flirty¡ cedric

cedric diggory.

every time you'd even hear even a mention of his bloody perfect name, your blood would boil.

hogwart's handsome prefect, the insanely popular, brave, loyal hufflepuff, but in your mind, the school's biggest player and the person you simply hated most.

it all started with him constantly on your tail, giving you an endless amount of flirtatious winks and comments, just to get under your skin.

but you told yourself were not going to fall head over heels for him like every other girl in the school.

so you fought back.

now it just seemed as if the constant taunting and name calling banters back and forth between the two of you was just apart of your daily routine.

and after years of bickering, it was evident that the entire school knew about your overwhelming hatred for each other too.

———

"man, i don't know she just completely stopped talking to me and acted like i never existed," cedric mumbled to one of his friends about his most recent hookup, leaning forward on his desk.

you scoff from his words, rolling your eyes as cedric turns his head, raising an eyebrow at you.

"i don't think i was talking to you, l/n." he spat, his eyes like venom as you bite the inside of your cheek.

"well don't blame me, i can't help but overhear when you talk so damn loud." you reply, crossing your arms as you notice ginny in the corner of your eye, giving you a look that practically screamed for you to "stop talking or you'll regret it."

"you're just jealous you weren't the one who woke up next to me this morning," cedric says, giving you a cocky smirk as your cheeks go red with anger.

you feel heads turning and eyes on you as cedric starts laughing with his friends.

"you wanna know why whoever it was ghosted you?" you shoot back harshly as cedric chuckles, seeing how pissed you looked, making you even more ticked off.

"it's probably because of your small, fucking, d-"

"-detention!" your eyes widen as both you and cedric instantly sit up straight, gulping at professor snape's firm manner.

"ms. l/n, and mr. diggory, my classroom, after school for talking, interrupting my class, and using inappropriate language," he scowls, specifically making eye contact with you as you gulp, clenching your fists at cedric who only shook his head at you.