CAPITOLO CINQUANTASEI- Boundaries

Start from the beginning

"We're really going to miss you, Ms Maria." Rheah tells her, rubbing Cienna's back in comfort but her own eyes were beginning to gloss over. Just like her daughter, Rheah wasn't a fan of saying goodbye. However, she holds it together as one bawling Giovanni was enough to handle.

A sad smile forms on Maria's lips. "I'll miss you too, my dear." She pulls Rheah into one of her signature warm motherly embraces Rheah always found herself melting in.

Eventually pulling away from the hug, Maria turns to Cataleya. "And you know I will definitely be back soon to check on you and my twin grand babies!" She grins.

Cataleya engulfs Maria into a warm hug. "I'll be counting the days."

"So will I!" Maria laughs.

Eventually, she pulls back, moving on to her daughter who was waiting patiently for her turn.

"My angel," Maria muses, wrapping her arms around her. "I love you, so much."

"I love you too, Momma." Janaé's voice came out muffled as her face was buried in her mother's shoulder.

"Alright now," Maria starts as Janaé separates from
the embrace, "Don't give your brothers too much trouble or else they have permission to send you right back to me."

"Yes Ma." Janaé rolls her eyes playfully, "But only if they promise to stop picking on me."

Michael smirks, "Now you know I can't make that promise Naé bae. Goes against the code of older brothers."

"Facts." Chris co-signs, "What's the point of having a little sister if we can't mess with her?" He says while his eyes dazzle with amusement.

Janaé mean mugs them both before turning to her mother. "Momma, you sure I can't come with you?"

Maria laughs, "No baby, trust me, you'll be bored in Kingston, so you're better off here with your brothers. But don't worry, they won't trouble you if they know what's good for them."

At her subtle threat, Michael and Chris turn away from their mother's light scowl until she eventually turns back to Janaé. "I'm just a phone call away, baby and I'll be back next month so if anything happens just keep me updated until then."

Janaé smiles, "Alright Ma."

The two share a chuckle before Maria cups her daughter's cheek. "And remember to give it time, baby girl." She tells her softly once their laughter dies down. "Give it time."

Janaé nods, understanding the hidden meaning to her mother's words. She knew staying in this house was going to be a little more challenging without her mother, especially when her brothers wouldn't always be around. But as long as the girls stayed out of her way, she would be fine until she was ready to even consider forgiving them.

After planting a soft kiss on her daughter's forehead, Maria moves on to her eldest.

"And last but certainly not least, my baby, Mickey." She grins as he pulls him into a hug. "I love you, son."

"I love you too, Momma." Michael smiles, indulging in her warm embrace.

Maria pulls away. "Alright now, you already know what I'm going to tell you."

"Yes Ma," Michael drags, "Be good, look after my brother and sister–"

"And don't do anything stupid." Maria finishes his sentence.

Michael gasps in fake offence, "C'mon Ma, you know I'm the responsible one. You gotta tell that to TweedleDee and and TweedleDum over here." He points at his siblings.