08 : 𝖧𝖺𝗇 𝖲𝖺𝗇𝗀 𝖫𝖺𝖻𝗈𝗋𝖺𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖨𝗇𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗍𝗎𝗍𝖾

Start from the beginning

"Irene!"

To her surprise, Irene pushed her off.

"Keep your hands off me."

"What..? Irene, what's wrong with you..?"

"Not one more word." Irene warned, glaring at everyone.

"What's the fuss?"

Mr. Jung parted the small crowd to let him through. The moment his eyes met the two, he paused. None of the group expected to see them alive and probably well. Felix didn't hesitate to pull the trigger, followed by a loud bang. Mr. Jung fell back, his right shoulder catching the bullet.

"MR. JUNG!" Soobin caught the man. "FELIX, WHAT THE FUCK?!"

"He deserved it." Felix blatantly stated.

"HE'S A TEACHER FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!"

"A selfish bastard." Irene corrected. "What kind of a teacher leaves two students out in danger?! You call that a professional?!"

"Irene!" Y/N snapped. "Christ, you just can't shoot people out of the blue!"

"Keep talking and I'll bust your skull next." Felix gritted, loading his gun again.

Yeonjun stepped in front of Y/N. "Try me."

"Oh?" Felix smirked. "The reckless fucker lived?"

Irene spotted Beomgyu's unconscious figure on the table. She nodded her head to him.

"What happened to Gyu?"

"He got bitten," Taehyun calmly responded. "We're here because of this."

He held up a flyer they found. Irene and Felix stared at the paper for a wee second before looking at each other. Irene raised a brow and Felix nodded. He trodded to the back of the room and pulled a lever. The floorboards parted and the floor opened, revealing a series of stairs leading underground. The group stared in astonishment. Felix let Irene descend first before looking back at his fellows.

"Staring won't get you to places." He spat.

Seulgi and Y/N lifted Beomgyu up. Soobin assisted Mr. Jung. Yeonjun, Taehyun, and Hyunjin followed behind. It was a long descend before they got into a situated basement. It wasn't any ordinary basement. It seemed like an underground hideout.

There was electricity coming from the hydro-powered generator. Potted plants and crops grew in the corner with artificial sunlight radiating from a few panels. Felix and Irene casually walked past them and led the rest to another room. It looked complex; judging from the array of computers and machines spewing out long papers. On the other side, subdivided by a thick glass, was a wide laboratory holding almost everything needed for science. Full cylinders, boiling chemicals, capsules with zombies inside, floating in green fluid, microscopes, name it. People in white lab gowns turned to them in surprise.

"Irene? Felix?" One of them approached the pair. "Who were these people?"

"Schoolmates." Irene said. "They found the flyer. They're here to seek shelter."

"These kids survived? Incredible.."

Felix scoffed. "They brought a teacher."