Moments went by before Max finally reached Mimmi's name. As always, she was the last person to be assigned. She was beginning to feel that this man had something against her because it seemed like she was always getting the short end of the stick.

"Mimmi Danso, you're going to be tasked with writing about the rise in bear sightings in Akoma Hills." he announced, looking up at her. "I'm sure you've heard that lately, people have been complaining about seeing them in their yards, so you will be finding those people and interviewing them on their thoughts."

Mimmi controlled her countenance, as all eyes were on her. But she could feel the heat rising to her cheeks out of embarrassment, and she so badly wanted to shout a slew of colourful choice words. Once again, her hard work was being rewarded with bottom-of-the-barrel stories. She couldn't understand how he could read out a list of wonderful cases for everyone else, but think that it is okay for her to get such a joke. This was her last straw.

"Mr. Max." she called, a sudden confidence surging through her. "Bear sightings?"

The room watched her closely as she challenged their boss.

"Yes, bear sightings." Max echoed, putting his phone down. "Is there an issue?"

Mimmi's eyes darted around the room uneasily before she responded, "Yes... I do have an issue."

Awkward coughing could be heard and the nosy colleagues looked expectantly at their boss, ready for his next response. Nobody had ever questioned him before , so this was like an exciting movie for them. Unfortunately, Max cut their excitement short, saying "The rest of you are dismissed. I'll communicate any further information on the message board if need arises. See you next week."

With disappointed sighs, the journalists filed out of the conference room. Selassie squeezed Mimmi's hand gently, and nodded at her encouragingly. Though she was nervous Max was going to punish her, she was proud that Mimmi was sticking up for herself.

Once the room was cleared of everyone else, Max inched towards her and crossed his arms with a scoff. "Miss Danso, what seems to be the problem?"

His tone was clipped and it was obvious that he was annoyed. Mimmi knew that he was taken aback at the fact that he was being challenged. But at this moment, she couldn't care less.

She stood straight against the wall and took a breath. "Sir, for the past few months, you've assigned me to the most lackluster stories ever brought to us. Please don't take that the wrong way but it's just what I've been feeling. I've never questioned your authority, but with all due respect, this is starting to become insulting to my craft and skill."

"I am insulting your skill? Is that what you are telling me right now?" Max questioned incredulously.

The young journalist shook her head hesitantly. "Sir, I was not trying to be disrespectful. I really just want to get this off my chest, and finally ask if I could be assigned another story."

"What's so wrong with the bear sightings?" Max asked, uncrossing his arms and holding his hands out in question.

Mimmi couldn't even tell if he was seriously asking that, or if he was joking. How could he genuinely ask that after giving her colleagues serious cases, but giving her such a childish one in comparison? All she could do was give him a deadpan.

After a few seconds of silence, Max shook his head. "I don't change my assignments."

"Sir, please. These stories you've been giving me are stifling my creativity." Mimmi begged, inching closer to him.