Chapter 42: Meeting the Family

Start from the beginning

Parker walked up and rearrange the flower to fit better.

Peter: Since we're going to see you're parent, I figured coming here would be nice to introduce you to who I call my family.

Mina:....How were they like?

Peter: Well my Uncle Ben was a big guy but he was just a softy. He taught me to fight without using my fists. Aunt May was always the nicest person you could meet, but also the scariest when she was mad. She taught me to forgive those who have wronged me and to live without regret. They were the best parents I could ask for, but the most important thing they taught me was what it really meant to love someone.

He then turned to Ashido and gently pulled her closer and held her waist as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Peter: And I can't be more grateful.

They slowly leaned closer until their lips touch in a gentle kiss. They parted with a smile on their face and rested their head on their partners' shoulders.

Mina: Me too.

After a couple more seconds they release the full hug and turn it into a side hug.

Peter: I think we should head to your parent's place.

Mina: Can I have a couple of seconds alone with them.

He nods and walks towards the gate as Ashido goes up to the gravestones and kneels down.

Mina: Hello Mr. and Mrs. Parker, I am Mina Ashido, Peter's girlfriend. I want to thank you for raising him the way you did. I am thankful because he is the kindest, most generous person I've met. You shaped him into the person he is now and I love him with all my heart. I would have never met him if it wasn't for you two. I promise that I will make him happy and take care of him because even heroes need saving.

As she finished, she as got up and started walking towards the exit where Peter is waiting for her.

Peter: Ready?

She grabbed hold of his hand and nodded with a genuine smile. Ashido began to lead him towards the house she grew up in.

-timeskip-

Finally, they arrive at a large white house with a decent-sized yard.

Mina: Okay, are you sure you're ready?

Peter: Now that I'm standing here, I am a little nervous. But I'll be fine, trust me.

She nods reluctantly and they walked up to the front door. She knocked on the door and waited a couple of seconds before the door opened to be greeted by a pink blur tackling the girl into a hug.

Kin: Mina! You're back!

Said the small pink-skinned boy

Mina: What's up Kin, where's mom?