Chapter 9

Pic above background is of Bella's new witchcraft lair, her family crest illuminated on the floor as a warning to evil. To the left is her shelving the right are other potions she just worked on. The green one in the centre is to help Tina through her heat, and stop unmated males finding her scent intoxicating. Song Sweet Sacrifice by Evanescence.

Bella's POV

That night I created my on lair in our house I've set up my apothecary completed a few easy potions. Organised my space as I wait for Tina she could go into heat even by tonight. A she-wolf's heat can last from the usual five days up to a week. So I need it to last I set my Book Of Shadows up on the stand. Blake arrives as I set up my potion bottles. "Wow angel you've been busy, this place looks great, dark but great." I chuckle "yeah witches don't need or like natural light when they work it can effect the quality and sometimes make things go wrong, I learnt that the hard way when I was little I tried a spell to stop my freckles appearing I open the curtains and my bedroom almost went on fire until my mother took the fire into herself. She then told me 'the only place to make potions and create spells is in your lair no light allowed." He smiled Blake said Tina's here should I let her in are you ready for her?" I nodded my head in reply and he left shortly afterwards Tina arrived. "Nice digs B, always the busy Bee." I huffed a short laugh "you know me always up to no good. So you ready to do this?" "Yeah uh can you also make it so I won't conceive whilst on heat?" I looked up from my book and gaped. "You don't want a pup, but that usually happens in heat won't Nathan want a pup?" She sighed heavily as I saw tears start to stream down. Oh shit bad Bella making your Bff cry. "I'm sorry that's your business I shouldn't h" she cut my off sniffing "no it's fine yes that usually happens and yes I don't think he'll be happy when he finds out what I asked you for, it's not the fact I don't want pups B it's just I don't want them right now. I'm not ready to be a mother I'm only 17 years old. I know Raquel is dying to have pups of her own but I'm not ready please B." She broke down in tears how can I not help her. Even if her mate kills me I'll always help Tina. "You don't have to beg T I'll always do anything for you. It'll just have to take longer than I expected but I'm sure I can come up with a potion to help both in blocking scent and pain and preventing a pregnancy. Now come on stand up and wipe those tears, we've got a heat to mess with." She smiled and got up standing by my side as I looked threw my book of Shadows adjusting formula. It's not a permanent contraception but it only needs to last a week.

"Ok T hold out your finger just a prick of your blood to make the potion mix with your DNA so it only helps you." She held her finger out I took my crystal dagger and pricked her finger letting her blood trickle into the pot. It began to cloud over I added white rose petals this prevents it being a permanent contraception. Leg of a frog. Blood from a mole. Two grey feathers of a pigeon a cinnamon stick. Foxglove plant just a small petal too much would cause damage and harm. It's a poisonous plant but a small bit can block any nice scent from the noses of others, and I'm done. "Ok so it needs an hour if your heat starts before then stay here I can put a barrier on the door. As much as I love you your not mating with my mate." She laughed and nodded her understanding. "Now don't be alarmed you may be a little nauseous to begin with but it will dissipate quickly ok the contraceptive part should only last a week. So if you have loads of unprotected sex after the week and become pregnant no complaining to me got it?" Tina smiled "you got it boss, not looking forward to the possible sickness but a worthy sacrifice so your forgiven." I burst out laughing then she groaned and hunched in pain shit not now. I hear my mate approaching not happening the only person he gets to mate is me. I put up my barrier on the door. Hearing him trying to knock it down from the other side.
"Ok your safe here uh just breathe I'll get some ice for you." I run to my freezer take out a block of ice put it on the ground in front of her. Tina lies down curling her body around the ice and hugs it to her stomach moaning in pain. The pain will quickly get worse and she could die if she doesn't mate. Hurry up potion so she can get to her mate. "B it hurts I need Nathan please." It breaks my heart to watch her in pain but if I summon Nathan now she'll mate without the potion and definitely conceive a pup. That's not what Tina asked for. "I know T but the potion is ready now just two seconds." I fill a potion bottle it is a luminous green colour. "Here drink this now." I hear multiple hands and feet banging against my barrier at that moment. Tina eagerly grabs the potion I help her into a sitting position and stroke her back. After a minute of Tina consuming the potion the banging instantly stops, but she's still in a lot of pain not as much as she just was but she still needs Nathan. "Ok T I'm transporting you to Nathan, the unmated males won't find your scent irresistible anymore but I'm not taking the chance. I need you to try and stand up for me, here I'll help you." She shakily got to her feet and I chanted I carefully remove myself from her grip I won't be going with her this time so she needs to go by herself I say the transportation spell for her to go to Nathan's room and she instantly disappears.
I take down my barrier I'm not angry with Blake he's an unmated male and an Alpha at that. If I was a she-wolf he'd be more concerned with mating me right now, so thank god I'm not a werewolf. Although I wouldn't mind mating with Blake just not right now. "Angel please forgive me I didn't mean, I wasn't attracted" "I know, and you were don't lie, but I'm not mad your an unmated male even though you found your mate you can't help your instincts so I hold no resentment towards you or Kion. Our relationship is nowhere near normal for a werewolf let alone an Alpha, so no judgment besides you didn't mate Tina so it's all good. Now come on I've been in here all night and I'm ready for bed let's go." I take Blake's hand as he gives me a small smile aww my poor wolfy still feels guilty. I lean up and kiss his cheek he's surprised by short kiss. "Angel I hope you don't call that a kiss." I was about to reply when he bent down harshly grabbed my waist pulling me into him as I felt his friend poke my stomach this kiss was passionate hungry his tongue begged for entrance I smiled into the kiss and granted him access his tongue felt so nice as he dominated my mouth. I moaned as this only made Blake lift me around his hips I wrapped my legs around him, never breaking our kiss, as Blake carried me to our bedroom I really enjoyed having his friend poke my sensitive core oh shit I forced myself not to grind on him I don't want to mate yet this is already getting too steamy I pull back as he growls in displeasure I laugh. "Just because your Beta is mating right now doesn't mean we are I'm not ready yet. I'm not a She-wolf I don't want pups yet ok." Blake understood and placed me on my feet. I grabbed my new pants and pjs and changed in the bathroom, then I brushed my teeth and left as Blake came in to brush his teeth before he bend down and kissed the temple of my head before I smiled adoringly to him and got into bed. Few minutes later I felt the bed dip and rolled over so I slept on his chest he chuckled."comfortable angel?" I nod my head on his chest. "Yes very now go to sleep my pillow doesn't talk." I kissed his pecks earning a growl I giggled before returning to sleep. Since sleeping with my mate I no longer have my nightmare it's fantastic I always wake up feeling refreshed and happy not waking up with a start sweating and needing a shower straight after.