Chapter 21

Allison's POV

The plane landed and everyone boarded off the plane. I stepped off and placed my feet on the ground of sweet old Iowa. It feels so good to be home.

I found Jessie (Laurie's mom) waiting for me inside the airport. We greeted each other hello and exchanged hugs. We drove over to her house so I could meet up with Laurie.

After about 30 minutes we arrived at our destination. I walked through the front door of the house and was welcomed to the very familiar colorful house that still smelt like honeysuckle.

I rounded the corner into the living room so I could say hello to Laurie's dad, Jeff and her brother, Jacob. I had finished my hellos and was chatting with everyone when my other best friend walks into the room.

"Allison?" she asked, shocked. "Emily!?!" I asked, surprised to see her too.

We ran to each other and hugged one another tightly. "I didn't know you were gonna be here!" Emily squealed excitedly. "I didn't know you would be here either!" I replied.

"Come on let's go see if you can get Laurie out of her room. I've been trying all day and it's not working." Emily said, dragging me down the hall to the door of Laurie's room.

"Hey Laurie." Emily said, up against Laurie's door. "Go away." I heard Laurie say through the door. "Allison's here." Emily replied. "I don't believe you." Laurie replied.

Emily looked at me signaling me to talk. "Hey Laurie it's Allison." I said, not knowing what to be saying exactly.

The door opened and Laurie pulled us in fast shutting and locking the door behind us. I looked over at Laurie to see someone who didn't look like Laurie. Her hair was in a tangled mess, her lips were chapped from not wearing Chapstick, the bags under her eyes had gotten bigger, and it looked like she hadn't changed her sweats in a few weeks.

"Why did you come back?" she questioned in a very flat tone. "To see you two and my family. I've missed you all very much." I replied hoping she would believe me even though I wasn't lying. "I figured you had forgotten about us. I mean in the first grade you even said that we would be sisters forever and then you leave me." she said, tears forming in her eyes. "Laurie you know I didn't have a choice and I told you I would come back to visit every season and now it's fall and here I am again." I replied.

She ran over to me, pulling me into a hug. "I'm sorry Allison. I fucked up badly. I figured you had forgotten about me and I missed seeing you every weekend. You are the other half that completes me. Without you I am nothing." she said, now sobbing on my shoulder.

"Emily come here." Laurie said, pulling Emily over into our hug. "I know I haven't known you as long as Allison and I know it was wrong to push you out. I guess I was just so overwhelmed with Allison being gone I had forgotten how important you were to my life too. I love you both so much I'll never do something this stupid again." Laurie told us.

~~~

We spent the rest of the night talking and catching up on everything, eating junk food and also having a regular meal since Laurie had not eaten properly in a while, and watching movies.

AN

Guys oh my gosh I am honestly so sorry for not updating in the longest time! I had the longest week of my life I can not even explain! So hopefully you have not given up on my writing!

Also thank you all so much for 1k reads oh my gosh!! When I started writing this fanfic it was just my two friends Natalie and Allison reading (I based the Natalie and Allison in the book after them) and now 1,000 people have read my fanfic wtf.

Also the number count for how many reads, votes, and comments I have is now blue. Please comment what that means if you know because I'm very confused.

Okay sorry for the long authors note.

I love you all 💙

vote and comment!