Chapter 84- Follow Me

Start from the beginning

But there were scarlet eyes watching you from the very place that introduced to you love and joy...there was a boy that taught you how to laugh and be silly...there were arms that held you tightly when you felt like you lost your semblance of self...there was a hero that rescued you from the confines of a cage you had no hope of escaping from.

Katsuki watched with bated breath on TV as the news stations focused on the villain reaching for you...pleading for you to come with him. You were the last line of defense as Enji collapsed and Hawks fell slack in your hold. There was no one to stop you, no one to tell you no.

But you did it anyway.

"I'm not abandoning Katsuki. I'm not leaving him. Nor am I leaving Keigo and Enji. I love them, all of them as if they were my own family. You too Touya and had you asked me this when it was just the two of us in that cage, then I would have said yes. But this is than just being a hero to me. It's about preserving the only family I have now. I'm not going to lose them again, and I'm not going to turn my back on Katsuki when he was the one who taught me how to be human again. I don't want to fight you either, Touya..." You gently laid Keigo's unconscious form on the ground as you stood up, facing Dabi despite the uncertain outcome. "But I'll do it if it gives other heroes time to arrive and bring Hawks and Endeavor to safety." 

Dabi clicked his teeth as you prepared to defend yourself...and his heart felt a mix of rage and grief knowing what you chose. You chose Katsuki again, in front of the whole world, but you also were extremely weak against those with fire quirks.

Katsuki knew that...Shoto knew that...and so did All Might and Aizawa as they all helplessly watched you stand against someone you grew to adore just to protect your new family.

"Fuck, I can't watch this..." Katsuki stood up and began pacing behind the couch as Shoto remained glued on the screen along with the rest of 1A. All Might was biting his nails and Aizawa's hands had an iron grip on his biceps as he crossed his arms. They hated feeling this powerless...but they had to have faith that you would pull through. 

~~

Fighting Touya was weird...and it was even stranger that it was more like the two of you were dancing than actually fighting.

Hawks was groggy as he was recovering from his wounds, but he woke right up when he saw you dodging lines of flames just to 'narrowly miss' the villain that planned this attack. It was just enough for the news to believe you were fighting hard...but it also was obvious to the people who have seen you in action that neither you nor Dabi were going for the kill. Dabi didn't use a single deadly attack...and it almost felt playful...but it was clear he was keeping you from getting to Endeavor. He used a move to enshroud a circle of azure flame around the two of you, the crackling of it muting any chance of anyone overhearing or seeing what was happening.

"I'm doing this to help you, you idiot! Notice that the League isn't with me?! That I'm on my own? If you don't come with me then...fuck just get it through your thick skull!" Touya yelled out to you with gritted teeth and blue flames in the palms of his hands. He threw small fireballs at you that didn't take too much skill to dodge. You zig zagged while avoiding the attacks until you made it to him, bringing Hawks' crimson feather to his neck. "What...you're gonna kill me now huh? Cause you're so tough right?" He growled in your ear, his face just mere inches from yours. There was no sense of violence towards you in his eyes.

There was something weird about this...and to be honest you weren't even sure if he actually was meaning to kill Endeavor or Hawks like he said he was.

It felt like he was there to see you and he needed to be seen doing it.

"What does the League want from you, Touya? Did Shigaraki send you here?" Touya was quiet for a moment as he lifted his right hand to brush his fingers against your cheek, the connection between your gazes remaining unbroken.