"Watch out!" Melissa shouted as she helped the doors close together. The two pieces of metal pulling shut just as the doctor reached a hand out, keeping it trapped outside. The lift rattled a little before stabilising and going down.

Everyone let out a breath of relief when they knew they were complete safe. Scott sighed, "We never should have read that book."

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

Theo, Stiles, Brooke and Scott were now all at the animal clinic. While at the hospital Stiles and Theo saw another chimera killed by a Dread Doctor and they all decided to bring him here. The Stilinski pulled back the blanket they'd placed over the boy, his cut throat standing out again his pale skin.

Scott looked down on him from where he held ice over Brooklyn's knuckles for her since they were beginning to bruise. "Do you know him?" Theo asked seeing the look on his face.

"His name's Josh." Scott told them, his voice a little scratchy. "He was a junior." Brooke glanced up at him and gave him a saddened smile. "Which one did it? The one with the cane?" the alpha inquired.

Stiles turned his head to Theo. "Yeah." the werewolf answered.

"What are we going to do with him?" Stiles questioned. "We can't just set the alarm and leave. That's how Tracy disappeared. All right, someone's got to stay here with him."

Everyone stayed silent for a moment. It wasn't like anyone was rushing to have another strange encounter with someone they'd likely have to fight. "I'll do it. It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned." Theo sighed.

Scott's phone then buzzed. Brooke had to balance the ice on her knuckles by herself while he fished the device out his pocket. The McCall boy read the text and froze up. "What is it?" Brooklyn asked.

"Another one." Scott breathed. "Another chimera."

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

Scott and Brooke followed after Stiles into the McCall house. This girl, Hayden, that Liam knew, was apparently a chimera and the beta had brought her back to Scott's house to try and help her. Only, he was failing.

"Are you okay? How are your knuckles?" Scott turned to Brooklyn and asked as they walked in the direction of the stairs.

"I'm fine." the Hale replied. She then gazed down at her cut, bruised and slightly swollen knuckles. "They've been better but," she flexed her hands, "they aren't too bad."

"That's good." Scott told her. He picked up her hands gently, pressing a kiss to each. Brooke smiled up at him, interlocking their fingers as they walked up the stairs.

"Hey, Scott." the healer said. The boy hummed and gazed at her again. "You need an inhaler?" she questioned.

The McCall boy sighed. "I used to have horrible asthma. Like, I could barley go on a walk bad. It went away when I became a werewolf but, it seems to have come back again." he confessed.

"Huh." Brooke's lips frowned slightly. Why would his asthma come back? She couldn't dwell on the question for longer, however, since they'd arrived at Scott's room to see Liam but no Hayden. "Where is she?" the healer asked. Liam pointed to Scott's shut bathroom door. Brooklyn felt a small smirk tug in her lips when she asked, "You didn't duct tape her in the bathtub, did you?"