let it come to light (froz3n)

Credit to Anonymous on Ao3

Summary: Ava experiences winter for the first time and she's damn cold.

-

A jacket and a scarf

The best part about being paralyzed from the neck down was not being able to feel the true elements around oneself. As the months passed, Ava (and her shivering body) became acutely aware that there was a change around her. She learned that it was winter in Cordoba and once the weather dropped below 20 degrees, she could not stop shivering. The first week of this chilly weather, she would announce to her fellow sisters that she would start movement exercises at random times during the day aka whenever she felt cold.

"Ok, so like I think it's time to stretch and uhh how about some jumping jacks!?" she did her best to sound confident but it was clear that she was only giving herself false hope of getting over the climate.

Lilith shook her head, "you know that 18 degrees is honestly not that cold. Other parts of Spain are not as fortunate as us. People actually visit this region during winter to get AWAY from the cold. Consider yourself lucky Ava."

Ava scoffed mid jumping jack and then stopped to catch her breath, "I've already done that, considering that I'm a miracle." Ava was still shivering and chattering her teeth despite her best efforts to warm her body up

Lilith rolled her eyes at her and threw her hands up "You're really doing my head in Ava. Enough with your fake exercises. Can't you make halo keep your temperature normal or something? I've had it with your cold fits."

"But like this is my first time feeling the COLD and you know what?! I am fucking cold! Feel my hands!!!" She says animatedly, holding her hands outwards towards whoever is willing to touch.

"Language please Ava" said Beatrice as she proceeds to gently take Ava's hands and feels her skin. It was ice cold and she turned to Ava with furrowed brows.

"Your hands are ice cold, you weren't joking."

"Well, I don't know if you heard Bea but I'm the...ice queen."

Beatrice couldn't help but grin at her silly joke and let out a small laugh

Lilith rolled her eyes once again and took that as her cue to leave. "Do us all a favor Beatrice? Take care of this pathetic chihuahua, I'm going to find Mary to spar."

"Not sure what kinda insult that is but I don't even know what a chihuahua is so basically your lame insult doesn't count" Ava parries back at Lilith as she watches her walk away. "I guess she didn't hear me" Ava mutters under her breath

Beatrice chimes in, "A chihuahua is a kind of dog. They are very tiny and they indeed shake a lot when they are cold. Some dog owners have taken it upon themselves to put sweaters and jackets on their dogs"

Ava purses her lips, "like I'm small but not that small but I'm shaking like a mofo" she states, still shivering.

Beatrice squints slightly at her but gives her an approving nod thanking her for keeping the swear word PG. "how about we get you warmed up?" Beatrice beams at her and motions for her to follow her to her room.

Ava's eyes light up at the suggestion. "Let's fuc—- uh, fudging do this" Ava let's out

"Your efforts to censor yourself are very much appreciated" Beatrice says, lightly patting her on her back. Ava then slips her arm through Beatrice's, catching her by surprise. Beatrice looks back at her momentarily wide eyed and it takes a second for her to recompose herself before she reciprocates the motion back. They link arms together down the hallway until they reach her bedroom door.