Baby

My family ran to me when they saw me and hugged me. I hugged them back and I smiled,but my eyes shot up at Matteo.

 "What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Hello Rosalyn,how are you?" Matteo asked.

"I'm great,what are you doing here?" 

 "Well I wanted you to meet baby Matteo." He said turning the scroller around. There he was,a beautiful juicy baby.

"He's adorable." I smiled.

"Yeah he's almost four months."

"Wait four,I thought it was a month."

"No the news got it wrong. He came early,but he's pretty healthy. He was still 7 pounds when born." Matteo said picking up baby Matteo.

"How's Roxanne?" I asked.

"She's doing good I guess,I umm haven't talked to her." Matteo said looking down.

 The room got silent,my family was looking at me while sitting on the couch. 

"What?" I asked.

"Well she..she left." 

 My family got up and left, really.

"She left you with little Matteo?"

"Yeah,About two months ago." 

"Oh I'm sorry." 

"Oh Its fine,my family has been helping out a lot. Roxanne thought this is what she wanted,but it wasn't. Realizing It was a lot of work,she left us."

"You're going to get through this." I said hugging him.

"Thank you,would you like to hold him?" 

"Of course." I smiled.Matteo handed me his baby and I fell in love. He was so chunky and cute. He had his dad's face. Little Matteo laughed and cooed. "Hey Little man.You are so adorable."

   "He really likes you." Matteo said.

"He's so cute."

"yeah he is." 

I tried giving baby Matteo back to Matteo,but he started crying(the baby did). So I pulled him back to me and he smiled. "Well,I can hold him a little bit." 

  "How's everything going with you." Matteo said sitting down.

"Everything is good,school is good,how about you?" I asked.

"I-" My phone ringed.

"Excuse me." I said getting my phone, it was Derrick. "I'll call back later."

"Its okay you can take it now."

"No,its fine. just a friend."

"Its fine." 

I tried to hand baby M back to Matteo and he finally didn't cry. I got up and went to the kitchen and answered, "hello."

"Hey beautiful,how are you? Are you home yet?" Derrick said.

"Hi I'm good,and yes I am."

"Are you busy right now?"

"Just a little, I have company over."

"Oh I'm sorry,I didn't mean to interrupt." 

"You're fine." 

"I'll talk to you later then."

"Okay,talk to you later." 

"Bye." Derrick said.

"Bye." I said and hung up. I put my phone in my pocket and walked back in with Matteo, "sorry about that."