Hyunjin closed his eyes, trapping his tears inside his lids as he listened to Chan quietly break down next to him, his trembling shoulders slightly bumping Hyunjin's as his tears fell down onto Jeongin. Even that wasn't fair. He should have been able to be as loud with his sorrow as he wanted, screamed his throat as raw as he needed to. But it wasn't the time for that.

     Gloves now coated in blood, Minho sat back from his patient, smearing the sweat on his forehead him with his arm. He glanced around the van, panting slightly from the effort his intense concentration had taken. Minho grabbed the emergency kit once again, pulling out a drip bag, an IV line, and several large needles, rolling them between his fingers as he squinted at the others.

     "Does anyone have type O blood?"

     Jisung's hand shot up, his hand scrambling to pull his sleeve back for the man before Minho could ask him to. The makeshift doctor rolled his eyes, huffing out an unsurprised laugh at the boy's eagerness.

     "Of course you do. Come on, then."

     Rolling Jisung's sleeve up to his elbow to take the blood, Minho craned his neck towards the front of the van, eyes starting to droop from exertion. "Exactly how long will it take to get to this safe house?"

     Johnny glanced down from the road and checked his watch, hands sliding back over the steering wheel as he replied. "We're about an hour out now."

     Lips compressing, Minho nodded to himself, eyes trailing meticulously along the unconcious boy on the floor. "He won't last long."

      Transfusion or not, Chenle needed to be moved to a safe and steady location as fast as possible if he was going to make it.

     While Minho slowly, carefully filled a drip bag with Jisung's blood for the transfusion, the young boy's eyes crinkled in pain, his body recoiling as a deep ache spread through his arm and chest.

     As he let out a low groan, Nari's fingers twitched, her body coming back to consciousness now that her surroundings were calmer.

     Her heavy lidded eyes struggled to open, the hazy fog of oblivion already beckoning for her again. But she was distracted by the sharp inhale that came from above her, and her gaze tilted upwards.

     Two shadowed brown eyes met her own, full of panic and worry, but so much relief. Nari lifted a heavy hand, fingers longing to brush against his skin.

     "Hyunjin... "

     He helped her the rest of the way, catching her hand and pressing her icy skin against his cheek. "Yes," he replied breathlessly, trying to fight off the relieved liquid collecting in his eyes. "I'm here."

     "Not... a dream?"

     Hyunjin shook his head fiercely, clenching her hand more firmly. "No, this is real, Nari. It's real."

     "Where - "

     A wracking cough interrupted her, both saliva and leftover blood spraying from her lips. She was too tired to apologize to him.

     But Hyunjin was already wiping her mouth clean with deliberate hands, ignoring the grotesque splotches that had been left on his clothing. He rested their intertwined hands on his chest, stroking her grimy hair as she caught her breath.

     "Where?" he reiterated, waiting for her confirmation. Nari nodded and swallowed dryly, unable to speak.

     Hyunjin glanced up at the driver, his strong hands expertly gripping the wheel and guiding the van along the road. He studied the dirty face of his watch, counting down the grueling minutes until they finally reached true safety.

     "We're going home."

brb i'm crying over the picture

anyway istggg i'm having writer's block, any inspiration would be greatly appreciated

also i know absolutely nothing about medicine/medical procedures so–

pls don't come for me lmao