018 | You Didn't Listen

Start from the beginning

"Don't play with me." I yelled out. 

The lady walking past me with a baby stroller looks at me with wide eyes. I cock my head back at her. What the hell is she looking at?  She puts her hands up in surrender and speed walks away from me, pushing the stroller in front of her at a faster rate.  Yeah, like I thought. 

I hear a microwave start and the sound of popping popcorn on the other end of the phone. Then some more rustling. Followed by a bottle or can of soda being opened. 

Is he really making food right now? 

"What are you doing?" I mumbled. 

"Well, daddy. I'm just getting my snacks ready, about to watch a movie. Did you want to come over?" He said.

Is he serious? 

"Don't call me that." I warn him. 

"Loosen up some." I hear him laugh on the other end of the phone. "I would think you going to see that girl of yours would make you less grumpy." 

I stiffened a little at his words. "I didn't tell you that I was going to go see her."

"I know. I was spying on you two." He said, his voice nonchalant. 

"Are you serious? Come on." 

"What? Isn't that what I was hired for in the first place. To be your little spy goat." He sneered. 

My hands shake at the mention of his task. That he failed. 

"Listen here, you, don't go there. You can't even follow simple orders. I told you to do one thing and you did the exact opposite. I'm starting to think, you're just incapable of following simple instructions. No wonder our father thought you were the weakest link." I sneered back. 

"Don't bring up that low life bastard, he will say anything to kiss up to you. Plus his opinion of me doesn't matter to me. Neither of you two were ever on my level. Our mother was the only one who truly understood me and my ways." He said, snapping off at me. "I did what you wanted me to do. I taught him a lesson." 

"I told you to just ruff him up." 

"That's what I did."

"Of yeah, well say that to Brandon. He's in a bloody coma."

"A coma, wow. I'm good." He said, with a chuckle following behind his last statement. 

"I'm being serious here. Roseanne is upset. I never wanted her to be so upset about this. It was suppose to just be a little ruffing up. Brandon was only going to have a few marks or cuts. The police were just going to think it was a random mugging. Now he's in a coma and the police are thinking that this was planned."

"It was planned." He said, his voice nonchalant once again. 

"I know it was. We both know that, dummy."

"This was all your fault that this happened. So I don't know why you are so mad at me. Roseanne will be more upset with you, when she finds out." 

My body freezes completely at his words. 

"Who said she was going to find out? You better not be trying to pull something on me. You'll go down with me. Matter of fact, I can say you lied and pin this all on you. Who do you think Roseanne will believe?" I said, with a chuckle. 

I hear him on the other end tapping his fingers wildly against a hard surface. It kind of sounds like computer keyboard keys. 

"Actually, I figured you would say something like that. So I made sure I had something to reassure the policy." He said. 

"I will destroy you, if you think about doing something that makes me lose Roseanne."

"Tsk, tsk. It's always about that girl. I guess I might have to change that." 

"I don't think so-" I start to say but I get interrupted mid-threat by him. 

"As we continue to speak, my computer is going to continue to pick up the rest of this conversation." He said, no doubt having the biggest smirk of the century on his stupid face. "So keep talking. The more dirt, the more damage." 

My back muscles flex and tense up at his words. That little pipsqueak. 

"I'm done talking." I grumble. 

I don't know what he is going to do with this recording. I can't risk saying anything else incriminating. 

"I figured you would be. Bye, brother." He said, before hanging up on me. 

I groan and punch the outside of the hospital window causing some people inside to gasp as they look outside at me. I continue to punch the window, till my hand starts to bleed. I sigh and walk away from the hospital. I can't go and see Roseanne like this. 

I call Noah and tell him to come and take Roseanne home. After he agrees, I head to my uncle's house. I might need some help.  

As I continue to walk I think about what me and the pipsqueak talked about. He might be some what right. Roseanne would be more upset with me if she ever found out the truth. Upset is an understatement. She'd be disgusted with me. Especially since we've only been on one date and I'm already acting like a crazy person.

But I do know one thing, I'm all in for whatever that bastard has planned. I've always been a fan of a little chasing game. 

Game on, brother. 

Game on.