Hoards

" So who's going back in?" Jungkook asked, eyes sticking to the open vent at the side of the hospital.

MJ shrugged her shoulders, dusting away the cobwebs at the entrance, eyes casually straying to the window above where the sound of gunshots could be heard more prominently. Namjoon had went to step forward, but was gently brushed aside by the young girl with a short shake of her head.

" We need someone small or perhaps versatile. I can just about fit in but there's no guarantee I won't get stuck if there's turns." She clicked her tongue with a hint of annoyance, turning to look at the two smaller boys out of the two. " Do either of you know the vent layout?"

The two just stared at her, both clearly not wanting to go back in. If MJ had a choice, she would have gone in, she knew every inch of the building just in case of Hoard invasions, but she simply could not fit. Out of the two, Jimin would be the one less likely to die if he was discovered after all he is apart of their group though if he was caught with around seven bags he was definitely not a good liar. Yoongi on the other hand, probably knew the layout better than Jimin, but would be the first to die. She no doubt had faith in his survival instincts but the people currently having a battle with the hoard were not humans you could sit and chat with, more like a 'shoot on sight'.

" Jimin, please do this for us." There was a sudden softness in her tone as she rested a hand on his shoulder. The slightest quiver of his lip, almost made her second guess her idea, but not soon after he nodded his head - though rather reluctantly. " After you get out, we can go find Taehyung together, okay?"

The young boy nodded, a small smile coming on his face as he climbed into the vent. MJ had felt Hoseok come to her side, hand grasping tightly around her own as he watched his younger friend become nothing but darkness in the far vent.

" Will he be okay?" The worry was clear in his voice; and Namjoon came up to his side, wrapping an arm around his neck and pulling him into a hug.

" It's Jimin, the idiot survives everything." The younger of the two stated, a subtle playfulness in his tone, that just barely relaxed the older.

A sudden wind cast through the air causing the young girl to grimace as she turned to face the three boys behind her. Her eyes strayed towards the small forest around the clearing of the building. Jin had merely watched as the girl stared right past him, analysing the tree's in the distance as the wind created a small whirlwind on the ground. He swore he heard her curse under her breath, her gaze straying to the hospital door and the treetops.

" The gunfire is bringing the dead closer." She announced, more to herself than anyone else, and her words caused the array of boys to be confused. " Get into the treetops."

And so they did, sprinting as fast as they could to the forest edge, using each other as lifts to gain access to the thicker branches. Jungkook had helped both Jin and Yoongi into the higher shrubbery before making his own way up. MJ on the other hand had only managed to get Hoseok to safety as Namjoon couldn't keep his balance on her palm as she hoisted him up, instead collapsing on top of her and plummeting to the ground.  MJ hissed finding the pain of where Namjoon fell shoot up her arm as she rolled him off her. 

Namjoon grimaced nervously as he scrambled to his feet, the unearthly groaning only becoming louder as the dead drew near. Over the candied lands he could barely see the disorientated figures claw their way through the woods until MJ cursed next to his side, snapping him back to reality. The red bloodshot eyes made him gulp involuntarily, quickly walking to where the young girl was searching around a small shrub growth. 

" Fey, what are you doing, get up here!" Hoseok's words were lined with fear, yet the two staring idly into the greenery payed no attention to his pained state.

MJ sighed, staring at the undead corpse within the bush, it was her only plan. With a single flick off her finger Namjoon joined at her side already understanding her plan; and began to detangle the body from the earth. The body landed with a hefty thump at their feet and MJ instantly squatted down, knife secured in hand as she analysed the dead. 

A male, she had presumed, his body rotted and splattered with dirt, but she couldn't really tell. She bowed her head in a silent respect as she began to cut through his stomach, the thick squelching piercing the atmosphere as the black guts overspilled. Namjoon hacked at her side, covering his nose in some sort of effort to stop him inhaling the putrid smell, MJ seemed as unfazed as ever as she began pulling out the intestines of the undead wrapping them around her limbs until she was head to toe in zombie guts.

Namjoon protested strongly as she tried to smother him with disfigured bowels. Even in the situation he was in, there was no way he would ever resort to that action for survival - for several reasons. 

" Namjoon, there's no time just do it." He could hear the anger in her tone, barely recognisable over the concern laced in her features. Yet he found himself barely able to comply, watching as the dead trampled over the greenery behind the young girl. MJ sighed. " I'm sorry for this." 

Namjoon barely felt himself fly backwards, even as the world swirled before him, until a sharp pain ran through his spine. MJ smiled at him from above holding the corpse in her grasp before dumping it on top of him. His bottom lip quivered as he held back a sound of fear - mainly due to the thumping of feet inching closer to him. He shuffled uncomfortably, trying to redirect his vision from the milky white that glared at him. 

His foot was harshly kicked to the side, just as a bony foot based by his head and he stiffened involuntarily. The smell was slowly becoming unbearable