Chapter 7

I woke up from bed. As usual I went on with my morning routine. I sat on my desk playing with Sol-ah's hair like always and expected her to be angry again. Surprisingly She did not slap my hands away this time, instead she got up and looked at me with her expressionless face. She was staring into my soul. It got awkward so I slowly removed my hands away from her head. She grabbed my hands and put it back on her head. I looked at her in shock. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Just don't talk and keep playing with my hair till the teacher comes in" she said. I did as she said. I messed up her hair and yet she looked unbothered.

Our class teacher suddenly came in and said "Students I have a quick announcement for you all. We have a trip from school next week and we request you all to come along" he then handed us the consent forms. I was looking forward on going to the trip. I knew that sol-ah wasn't gonna come. As she got the form she stared at it as if she was lighting it on fire with her eyes. She then smirked and kept it in her bag. What in the world is she up to? As always we had an extremely boring school day . But I was excited for the trip. I hopped into the car and he drove me home. I reached home and got dressed to pick Sol-ah up. As always she was standing at the bus stop and I picked her up.

We discussed about the project and fortunately there weren't any power cuts. The project was almost completed but we decided to take a break. I was drinking my banana milk and just I heard her speak "Jungkook are you going for the trip? the school trip?" I nodded in agreement. "Then I will come too" she said looking right through my eyes with those expressionless eyes which looked beautiful. I became so red. What is happening to her? Is she falling for me or something?" I just looked away breaking the eye contact. She was still staring into my soul. I snapped my finger so that she could come back to earth and luckily that worked. She also looked away. I started sucking in the rest of my banana milk. I went downstairs to keep it in the kitchen. As I reached my room I saw her sitting on the window sill. "Sol-ah what the hell are you doing? It is dangerous don't sit there" I yelled and ran to catch her and bring her down. I reached near her and was about to bring her down but I saw her looking at the stars. She -- she was smiling but this time her eyes were brightened. She looks beautiful, I thought to myself. She was looking up at the stars, admiring the beauty of the night sky. I did not want to spoil her happiness. I sat along with her in the window sill. "Looking at the sky huh? I asked her, she nodded her head. "You know what jungkook, The night sky always brightens up my mood but I don't like the dark. The sky during the night resembles my life. The stars which resembles droplets of the tears I have shed and the moon which was my one and only happiness in life and finally the vast blue sky which resembles my meaningless life". I looked at her, observing her words carefully. "I wish I could erase the terrible memories from my past that still haunt me to this day" she said looking at the sky but I spoke up and said "Sometimes it seems easier and better to just remember the terrible things rather than erasing them like a coward and running away from them".

She turned her gaze at me and said "You will never be able to face them. Trust me! it isn't as easy at it seems to be" I looked at her and said " You don't have to wander around asking people who you actually are". We both stared at each other for a long time ,I could see tears forming up in her eyes but she never failed to keep the expressionless face she always puts on. " Sol-ah do not hesitate and cry whenever you feel depressed or hurt. Never hold them back". "I never cry and I never will". She got down from the window sill and took her bag ready to leave. "So will you drop me off to my house?" I nodded my head and dropped her off to her house.

Has she always been an emotionless doll her whole life? I reached home within no time. I tried hard to remember my past. It would have been really terrible that I forgot it. It tried my level best and suddenly the door opened and my mom entered. I took this as a chance to ask my mom where I was from. "Omma I am gonna ask you something and you should tell me ok?" she nodded her head in agreement. " Omma do you know anything about my past?" . "You were from a wealthy family in Busan and your mom and dad used to run a small company. Then there was an unfortunate event where they had to rush to their company for an emergency. Since you would be left out alone in the house they took you with them. But suddenly their car crashed a truck and the car stumbled over hitting the divider. You're mom and dad weren't able to survive but thankfully you're life was saved , That's all" "Do you know anyone named Kim min-ji omma?" I asked her. I could see her stuttering under hear breath. Her eyes widened with shock " K-kim M-min ji? I uhm don't know honey you should just go back to sleep" as soon as I heard her say go back to sleep there was this voice forming up inside my head. The voice was of an old woman who told me the same sentence I could hear her say "Min-ji is fine just go back to sleep" the voice was repeating the same sentence over and over in my head.