Chapter 21

"Get your hands off of me!" Suji screamed, smacking the demon girl's arm repeatedly.

"Wrong," Lilith taunted in a sing-song voice. "Time to get your punishment."

Suji gasped out in surprise as Lilith ran her hand to her neck and slung her other around her waist. Then, she felt two cold fang tips at the bare skin of her neck. Her vision shook with fear, and in the corner of her eyes, she saw Calla helplessly being caught in the hands of Valdis.

Just as she felt the tips of Lilith's fangs press down at her neck, with a sudden shriek, Lilith was torn away from her. Suji winced at the ear-piercing sound, squeezing her eyes shut. After a good count of three, she peeked her eyes open and glanced at the right-hand side corner. A gush of relief swelled inside her as she felt the same hatred and fear when she saw the fallen demon girl.

Calla! She suddenly remembered, jerking her head toward the other girl.

Another wave of relief washed over her when she saw Calla, shaken but scratch-free. A boy stood behind her, his hand outstretched in front of him. Then, with a cheeky grin, the boy's flashing finger flickered, and the golden light surrounding it faded out.

"Angelo!" Suji exclaimed as she exhaled in relief.

Angelo smiled. "Player Angelo at your service," he said as he mocked a bow, his snowy white hair bobbing forward. He then gracefully pulled back with a smile. "Good job holding them off, you two, but I think I could help you with your escape now."

"How did you find us, anyway?" Suji asked, suddenly concerned about the answer.

Angelo paused before he nodded at her arms. "Infonet tracking. I found your locations after I had some help with the hacking part."

"Can you get us out of here?" Calla suddenly interrupted, her voice shaking. "I-I don't think they would be knocked out for long..."

Angelo glanced back at the fallen Stains and nodded his head before he flipped his Infonet open again. Suji watched as the boy muttered to himself silently as his finger danced across the screen before he glanced back up at them. "All done," he grinned. "Let's get out of here."

For some reason, the rest of the way out was relatively easy. Maybe it was that Angelo was there to protect them; the Stains weren't quickly coming out. Perhaps it was that his Infonet was really good at finding paths. Maybe the god in this world was done playing with them. Either way, Suji was glad to have Angelo with them. His presence had a soothing effect, maybe because he was a part-angel; also, he was much stronger than Calla, which meant that she no longer had to be dragged.

Suji shifted herself behind Angelo's back. Although she felt bad for not being able to walk and dragging them down, she was glad that her leg pain had numbed down. Her leg's straining pain had lessened if she was not using it, and her clouded mind cleared up slightly.

There was one time where Lilith and Valdis appeared in front of them, hissing with fury. Yet, after making Suji and Calla close their eyes, Angelo easily won them with his power of light. When she opened her eyes, the two Stains were on the ground, on the verge of death as Angelo walked past them, making Calla scramble after them. Afterward, there was not a single trace of either Stain and for a while, Calla kept asking Angelo for their well-being. It almost sounded like she felt sorry for them when Angelo told her not to worry and that they won't be getting them anytime soon, and Suji furrowed her brows.

They were in a situation of life and death, and Calla felt SORRY for the very Stains who attacked them? Suji wrinkled her eyebrows in distaste. Although some might call her cruel and selfish, she was just glad that the dangerous duo went down, ensuring their safety. At least now, they don't have to run as if their life depended on it, which it did five minutes ago.