Chapter 9

"Nooo!!!" Calla moaned as she reached across the table. "Don't take my pancakeeeeeeee!!!"

Suji laughed and shoved it in her mouth. "Mmm! Too wate!" she mumbled back as she nibbled on the edge of the pancake. Suji swallowed and stuck out her tongue at Calla: Calla smacked her playfully.

It was 8:30 in the morning: the trio sat around a round table with a pearl tablecloth and a navy blue dining chair. The cafeteria was bustling with people around their ages. The canteen they were in was specifically for the teens: Adam had explained: there was a larger one for all ages, races, genders: however, he said it was TOO crowded with people. Therefore, he prefers this one. Not that Suji minded much. Preferably this cafeteria was better anyhow since she didn't do well with crowds. While you could sit with multiple people of your preference at the other mess hall, here, you had to sit with your trainer and your dorm mate, which Suji also liked because she didn't do well with strangers. Silver trays lined up against the far end long table with a matching pearl tablecloth. The food at the trays were all free: there were many different types of food, such as Western, Eastern, and other types of which Suji had yet to discover. Although they COULD order something else from a cook by their Infonets, Adam told them it costs a few points. However, Suji didn't want to waste her precious points on food. There were a LOT of free choices with no limitation for the amount anyway. Also, she could customize with her Infonet's help to know what ingredients were in the food.

"Noooooooo!!!!" Calla complained, barely containing her laughter as she faked a moan. "You destroyed ittttttt!!!!"

Adam laughed between the girls. "Okay, okay, stop now," he said as he playfully pushed them back by their foreheads. "Calla, I can get you a new pancake if you want me to. Victoria, eat YOUR food, please."

Calla brightened up. "Ooh! Yes, please! And yes, Victoria. Do NOT steal MY food!"

Suji grinned at Adam. "Got it, MOM," she stuck her tongue out at Calla. "Well, we'll see about that soon enough!"

Adam chuckled as Calla mockingly huffed. "Well, someone is hyper in the morning!"

Suji flicked her hair back and tried to maintain a poker face. "I know! Calm down, Calla."

Calla snickered and respectively nodded her head. "Got it, MADAM."

The trio then burst into laughter when they met each other's eyes. It's been roughly about three weeks since Suji had hung out with these two: each day was perfect with no events out of the ordinary. Adam would bring them to training after breakfast and would teach them some moves. Suji was now at level 78: Calla was at 32. According to Adam, Suji was one of the fastest learners when it came to training and one of the people with the most amount of practice: it would make sense since Suji would sometimes sneak out of her bed at night and go to the training room to train more. For some reason, she found training stress relieving: which was why she had poured all of her free time into training after her visit to the Amicabiliter. Although she was starting to wonder now that if the Amicabiliter would ever talk to her again, she was also glad that she could spend more time with Adam and Calla. The Amicabiliter was all right, Suji guessed, but she was terrifying from time to time. Which, also was why Suji froze up the instant the door of the morning cafeteria opened.

"Look," Calla whispered to her, leaning closer to Suji as two figures walked in.

Suji gulped: the first was the Amicabiliter, with her unreadable expression as always. However, this time, the Amicabiliter had scars and bruises on her skin: she even had dried blood here and there. She was quickly followed by Cyrus, who had the same glum expression as her with the scars and bruises as well. Suji's heart screamed when she saw Dohyun so hurt. However, the two just walked straight up to a big dining table that had always been empty. The Amicabiliter's navy blue eyes scanned the crowd: it seemed to rest on Suji for a few seconds before she turned away without a change of expression.