Chapter 5

Suji yelped and shot up as a loud alarm went off next to her right ear. She soundly grumbled as she flipped her Infonet and punched the alarm off. Suji groaned and sniffed a yawn as she rubbed her eyes. She sat there for a while as she stared into nothingness. Suji then shot back to life as the snooze alarm went off: she punched it off with annoyance. It was 7:30 morning, and Suji was dying with exhaustion. Suji let out a grumble and slipped onto the side of her bed. The bed was too comfortable to get off: the sheets seemed to tug at her ankles, begging her to stay. With a grunt, she kicked off the sheets and roughly landed on the ground. Suji stretched with a yawn before dragging herself to get ready for another tiring day.

"Hello, Ms. VICTORIA," Melody grinned. "I'm Calla!"

Suji smiled back at the girl. "'Morning, Calla!"

Suji sat down next to her as the clock struck 8:45 am. Calla started bouncing up and down restlessly in her seat.

"What do you think we'll be doing?" Calla asked, looking at her excitedly.

Suji just shrugged. "I have no clue."

"Maybe we'll pick our hero costumes!" Calla squeaked.

"I... don't think that's going to happen," Suji muttered, getting interrupted by a knock on the common room door.

"Adam!" Calla exclaimed as the boy poked his head.

Adam grinned. "Both of you're here, I see."

Suji nodded her greeting as Calla leaped up to greet the boy. "What are we doing today? Costume shoppiiiiinnngggg?"

Adam laughed. "I'm afraid not. The jumpsuit you're currently wearing is also known as your training clothes. Every time you have to train with me, you'll be wearing that."

"So... no costume shopping?" Calla asked, her tone down.

Adam smiled kindly. "Yes, but if you want to do that, we can do it in free time or anytime when we don't have training!"

Calla squealed happily. "Yay!"

Suji smiled slightly as well: evidently, Adam was one of the nicest and the most outgoing people she had ever met, probably polar opposites with the Amicabiliter, who was cold and guarded. "So... what ARE we doing?"

Adam's face turned slightly serious. "Well, we're going to start with something simple, like punches. Also, I don't know if you realized it, but you would have leveled up into two the instant you had named yourselves."

Suji blinked and switched on her Infonet; sure enough, her level 1 had switched into 2. Suji let a small smile escape her again and nodded at him in confirmation. Calla nodded as well as she stared at her own Infonet with delight.

Adam smiled at them and cocked his head toward the door. "Let's go then, shall we?"

Suji gasped as she stepped into the training room. It was humongous, buzzing with people. The lemon cream light surrounded her with glee: the harbor gray walls seemed far away.

"Come on, this way!" Adam motioned. "You'll get lost easily here. So follow me."

Calla grabbed Suji's wrist and snatched on Adam's as well. Suji blinked in surprise as Calla grinned. "Ways NOT to be lost."

Adam grinned back at her. "Fine, hold on if you wish."

Calla smiled back at him: Suji let them pull her away to wherever they were going.

"Here it is!" Adam announced: Calla let their wrists go.

Suji studied her surroundings. Rows of black punchbags stood at the gray rectangular box underneath her black workout shoes: orange hydro flasks lined up at the end. A bunch of other people stood, scattered around the punchbags. Some were punching furiously at the bags. Others were drinking water from the side, and some were helping others by giving them feedback and adjusting their positions. Adam motioned at them and led them to two empty punchbags. After handing each of them a pair of gray workout gloves, he shoved each punchbag before he nodded in satisfaction. Suji ran her hand on the rough surface before she tugged on the gloves. Suji folded and unfolded her hand multiple times as she tried to get used to the oddness of something on her hand.