Jungkook smirks at the reaction, "The one."

  Jimin eyes him, "You fit the description," He claims. Jungkook defensively responds, "What's that supposed to mean?"

  Jimin ignores him and turns to Taehyung. "What about you? What's your name?"

  "Uh, my name's Taehyung."

  Jimin stares at him blankly for a second then shakes his head, "Nope. Never heard of you, kid."

  Jungkook leans over to look at him, "Wait, I've heard of you."

  "You have?"

  "Yeah. Heard some guys talking about you. They seem to really hate you." He explains.

  Taehyung sighs sadly.

  Jimin claps, "Wait, I know you! You're that kid that gets bullied. Yeah, Kim Taehyung."

  Taehyung blushes in embarrassment, looking down. Great, they knew exactly who he is.

  "Seriously?" Jungkook elbows Jimin and gives him a knowing look. The idiot then turns back to Taehyung.

  "I'm sorry. But you really get beat up?"

  Jungkook wants to roll his eyes at the question.

  "Umm, Y-yeah."

  "Do you know why?" Jungkook asks even though he has his suspicions.

  "I don't know."

  "There must be a reason," Jimin says.

  "I-I just don't know, okay?" Taehyung replies, the little confidence in his voice wavering.

  The others didn't say anything. What was there to say? He clearly didn't want to talk about it, so the three boys sit in silence for a while and stare at the moon's reflection on the water.

  After a minute or so, Jimin cuts the silence, "So, how did you find this place?" he asks Taehyung.

  "I always come here."

  "Oh, why?"

  "Jesus, do you ever know when to stop talking?" Jungkook asks, glaring at Jimin who had his eyes narrowed.

  The staring contest gets interrupted by Jimin's phone. He digs into his pocket until he pulls out the expensive device. He looks at the text and huffs as he starts to get up, "I have to go home."

  "Oh, must suck to go home to your big mansion and your big comfy bed," Jungkook mocks him, pissed off at how spoiled Jimin was.

  Jimin, who was now standing, crosses his arms with a frown, "You don't know anything about me."

  Jungkook stands up as well, meeting the boys glare, "I bet I do."
  "Please, I'd like to hear." Jimin says, his tone definitely a warning.
  "Please don't fight," Taehyung says as he stands up as well. The boys finally look away from each other.

  "Whatever. I'm leaving," Jimin says as he puts his phone back into his pocket, "Bye Taehyung and fuck you, Jungkook."

  Jimin then walks away.

  Taehyung and Jungkook stood alone. Jungkook turns towards Taehyung and smirks, "Hundred bucks say we never see that prick again."

  Taehyung's lip slightly lifts but then he suddenly blurts out the question on his mind, "Are you going to fight him?"

  Jungkook just raises his eyebrow. "I doubt, why?"

  "Oh, I just thought you guys were."

  Jungkook shrugs, watching as the boy next to him yawns. He wonders what his deal was. Why was he so closed off? Why was he out here alone?

  "You should go to bed," Jungkook says as he continues to watch the boy.

  "I'm okay."

  Taehyung could feel Jungkook's gaze, and it made him insecure. Why was he staring?

  Jungkook never got to see Taehyung up close before and he was absolutely adorable. He was small but not short. Taehyung never looked into Jungkook's eyes, he noticed.

  "Why were you here before Jimin showed up?"
  Taehyung was quiet for a few seconds before answering "Why do you care?"

  Jungkook was taken back by the response. What was he hiding? It's a simple question with a simple answer, right?

  "Okay," He huffs and starts to walk, "I'm going to go. I'll walk you home."

  Jungkook stops when he doesn't hear Taehyung following behind him.

  "You coming?"

  The boy shakes his head, "I'm going to stay a little while longer."
  Jungkook scratches his head, "It must be almost midnight," he guessed, not having a watch on him.

  "Okay."

  Jungkook sighs and gives the boy one last look before leaving the clearing.

———

  Taehyung felt safe in the middle of the woods at night. To most people, this is a huge fear. But to Taehyung, it was safer than home or school. He didn't even think about the darkness as he lays down on the pier and looks up at the stars. The sound of crickets comforted him. It was Saturday night, or Sunday morning if Jungkook was correct, and he didn't have to get up for school in the morning, so he just stays there until he finally falls asleep.

  Jimin is thankful that the house is quiet when he gets home. He sneaks his way up to his room on the third floor. He changes into his silky pajamas and jumps into his big warm bed. His mind drifts to the boys he had met that night. In Jimin's opinion, they were both super cute. Cuter than any of the girls his parents forced on him. Was it observation or was it attraction? He doesn't know.

  Jimin snuggles deeper into the covers. Jungkook was right, His bed was comfy as hell. A small smile appears on his lips. Jungkook was amusing and that Taehyung kid was just adorable.
  He falls asleep not a minute later.

  When Jungkook gets home, the trailer was an absolute mess as always. He checks on his mom, seeing her passed out. He shuts her door with a sigh and takes out the gun from his waistband. He reaches into his hoodie pocket and takes out the wad of cash. He smiles. This will be the thing that helps his mom get back on her feet. He picks up a few things to make the house not look so trashy.
  He doesn't realize how late it actually is because once he gets to his room and hits his bed, he's out like a light.

————

:)