"Just hang on, I am almost there."

"Please hurry," I say as I sprint down the stairs, Elena and Ben on their tow.

Another blast.

The roof of the living room crashes down. The flames spreads like a wild fire, burning everything. The smell of smoke hits my nose. I have to get them out of here before anymore causalities.

Just as I reach the last step, three guns are trained on me. I stop on my tracks,  pulling my hand back to stop Elena.

"Hide behind the counter," I say to Elena still glaring at the intruders.

"Mother?"

"Do as I say," I say in a stern voice, holding no room for discussion. She follows the instructions and Ben has been uncharacteristically quiet, not making a single noise.

All five of them circle me. Two holding dagger and three holding guns. If they think that they have a upper hand by dragging my family into this, they are so wrong.

If I am gonna die here, then I am gonna die fighting.

Two shots, two fall down with bullet right between their eyes.

The one with the dagger pounced at me. I side step and bring my elbow to her jaw, breaking it. I use her as a human shield, firing at others continuously.

As everyone layed barely moving, I push the human shield on the ground. I turn around to run towards Elena and Ben but pause when the human shield started laughing.

I turn around and glare at her. She pointed at the phone right beside her, "He has a deal for you," she says coughing twice. I pick up the phone.

"Agent eighteen," I know this voice. His voice.

"Or should I say, Emma Sterling," he laughs humorously, though there is no humor in it.

"You are gonna regret this Antonio," I hiss through my teeth, fire running through my veins.

"We will see that. Now, tell me where are the coordinates," he asks or more like demands. I scoff.

"Why would I tell you?"

"If you do, maybe I will be generous enough to spare one of your kids."

I clench my teeth and close my eyes. My chest heaves because of smoke. It almost burns my lungs, making it more difficult to breath. Elena starts coughing.

"I can protect my kids just fine," I snap harshly before throwing the phone against the wall.

I dash towards Elena and Ben, "The back door. That's the only way. Come on," I pull them away from the counter and ush them to run forward.

Her eyes widen as she looks over my shoulder.

"Behind you mommy," she screams. But it's too late. I feel the bullet pierce my torso. I hunch for a second placing my hand on the counter to steady myself.

I swing my hand back and shoot which was soon followed by a sound of a body hitting the ground. I don't have to turn around to know my target.

I pull Elena and Ben behind the counter so they are protected as they kept firing bullets ceaselessly. I shut my eyes tightly. There is no way we can escape but one. I let out a heavy sigh and mute the earpiece so Ed doesn't hear what I am about to say.

"You have to leave," I tried to speak over the raining bullets.

"N-No... I am not leaving... Not without you," she says slowly, tears brimming her eyes.

"You have to princess, please," I say. The stinging pain of never seeing Ben, Elena or Ed ever again aches the worse.

"I can't. I need you," she says as if she knew what I am going to do. I smile sadly as a single tear streaks down my burning cheek. I pull her and Ben in a tight embrace. One last embrace.

"Leave, I will be right behind you," I say and grab hold the glass shards, preparing to throw at them like a knife. I attach the new magazine and get my gun ready.

"Go!!" I say to Elena as she rushes with Ben towards the back door. I keep firing, successfully getting their attention. All were dead except two as they kept firing at me continuously. As I ran out of ammo, I use glass shards and throw them.

One hits the neck while the other hits the forehead.

Both dead.

As the adrenaline started wearing off, I started feeling light headed. The smoke and fire made it more difficult for me to navigate towards back door. My once safe heaven I call it home felt like a cage. I cough twice and take a deep breath only to cough again due to smoke.

Then I see it. The back door. A smile forms on my face when I realise I can see them again.

I sprint towards the back door, pushing my legs to run faster. The yearning hope to hold them again fills me with immense perseverance.

Another blast.

I pause on my tracks. The left side of the beam drops, half of the roof falls down blocking my path. Dust, smoke and orange flames is all I see.

My resolve disintegrate. My shoulders slump forward as I held my side where the bullet pierced.

I look around the house as the memories hit me. I place my hand on the earpiece and switch it on.

I hear Ed screaming my name, but it sounds distant, like someone calling me from afar. A sob racked my body.

I look to my front, in spite of dust and fire, I look straight at Elena's eyes. And she looks back. I look to her left to see Ben. He looks scared, like he knew I am not gonna make it.

"I love you," I whisper. I doubt if she heard it. Edward probably did.

I close my eyes.
I take in my last breath.
And for one last time.
I smile.