you've got mail

A FULL DAY HAD PAST SINCE SHOTO'S ABSENCE, and y/n was spending most of her time either in the library or looking around for clues that could possibly open the safe

She had to admit it. Finding something to expose the king with was ten times harder than she expected. The palace is so huge, that she could easily miss a hint that led to her answers, and she would never know.

And of course, there were still the other obstacles; the Todoroki siblings, Queen Rei, and the maids. If it weren't for y/n's stealth skills and heightened senses,

she definitely would have already been caught.

"Y/n!!" Fuyumi skipped outside onto the balcony to where y/n was, her quietly looking out into the estate

"Y/n!!" Fuyumi skipped outside onto the balcony to where y/n was, her quietly looking out into the estate. Y/n turned around, a little shocked to see Fuyumi. "Afternoon!"

"Afternoon, Fuyumi-"

"Surprise!" She presented two letters, one being a clean white envelope, closed with red wax that had a rose imprinted on it. The other was an off-white envelope, the flap still open. "You have mail!"

"Mail?" Y/n repeated, taking the letters from Fuyumi. "That's...weird."

"They're most likely from Shoto and your parents!" Fuyumi guessed, stepping back inside to the castle. "I'll leave you to read them. Touya and Natsuo are about to have a fencing match soon, so come watch!"

Y/n giggled at the thought of the two brothers dueling, though it seemed to be a daily occurrence, them constantly competing. They remind her of her and Monoma's relationship. "Sure, I will."

When she was certain the door was fully shut, and that she was alone, she quickly opened the letter that was barely intact, slipping out a folded piece of paper.

She opened it, her eyes and shoulders falling. "You've gotta be kidding me."

Hey y/n it's Neito! And Toga and Sako! How's life with the pretty boy? I bet you're loving it, aren't ya?

"I hate him."

Have you been making progress? Hopefully you have. Well have to find some way for you to convey what you've learned to us. You could write a letter, but we wouldn't want your lover boy to peek over your shoulder, now would we?

In the meantime, keeping working hard. We miss you around here. Goldfinch has had to work solo, and you know I'm only half a brain without you.

Remember, try to actually fall in love with the boy. Don't push him away just because he's rich. That's called jealousy. Get over yourself.

"Look who's talking!?"

If you get him to love you, you become the princess, meaning you get money, meaning we also get money! Win win!

Talk again soon. Keep eating fancy sushi.

Bye bye

Y/n quickly crumpled the letter, shoving it back into the envelope. I'm throwing this away as soon as possible. At least they're checking up on me.

Y/n moved onto the next and final letter, tearing the wax up to lift the seal. She reached inside and pulled out a nearly folded paper, knowing exactly who it was from just by the material the paper was made of.

Dear y/n,

I hope everything is well at home. I've been worried about you, but I'm sure you have been managing well.

Father and I have been having meetings with neighboring countries. Well, father has. I've been ordered to stay in my room while he consults with them. I can only attend the signings.

More or less, nothing exceptional has been occurring on my end. When I get back, I'd love to do more things with you. Like when we horsebacked. I enjoyed that.

We can develop connections by doing more activities together, both emotional connections and physical connections-

"He even manages to humiliate me through a letter!" Y/n whispered in agony, her face setting ablaze.

Whatever you want to do, we will do. As your prince, I am to stick by your side, no matter what. I want us to live happily together, and I am here to make you happy.

See you soon,
Shoto

Y/n started blankly at the letter, rereading the sentence;

As your prince, I am to stick by your side, no matter what. I want us to live happily together, and I am here to make you happy.

"To think I thought of you as a selfish rich bastard..." She whispered, nothing but guilt weighing on her shoulders.

I think...

I could fall for him.