hidden clues

A FEW DAYS HAVE PASSED, marking y/n's first week at the Todoroki palace

A FEW DAYS HAVE PASSED, marking y/n's first week at the Todoroki palace. Shoto and Endeavor were preparing to leave for their duties, as they would be absent from the castle for 3 full days.

The family and y/n stood outside of the palace with the prince and king, their carriage arriving on the driveway.

"Have a safe trip, father!" Fuyumi clasped her hands together, giving a warm smile. "Sign many peace treaties!"

Shoto turned to y/n, the two of them standing in front of each other while the others said their goodbyes to the king. "Are you sure you'll be alright on your own? I could ask father to allow you to come with."

Y/n scoffed. "I'll be okay, Shoto, really. I wouldn't want to distract you from your work..." Y/n awkwardly lifted her fist, playfully punching him in the shoulder. "Go...get em'"

I was going to hug him...but that just feels so personal-

"More of that country talk." Shoto chuckled. "...Here, take this." He reached into his pocket, taking out a small object. It was a pocket watch, a gold chain holding the clock by a hook.

"A...watch?"

"If I do not return, it will be a keepsake for you to have. To remember me."

                            .                  .                 .

"...Talk about dramatic." Touya laughed.

Enji turned away from the family and towards the carriage. "Let us go, we're leaving."

Y/n waved goodbye to Shoto as the carriage pulled off, the brown cart pulling away from the palace and down the long road, out the gates.

She glanced down at her gift, gently rubbing the metal of the pocket watch. See you soon, Shoto.

But for now, I have work to do.