breakfast in bed

play the song above to fully immerse yourself!

THE CARDINALS CHIRPED LOUDLY outside of the princes' grand window, the morning rays beaming into the room

THE CARDINALS CHIRPED LOUDLY outside of the princes' grand window, the morning rays beaming into the room. Y/n shifted tiredly as she laid on her stomach, her face pressed comfortably into the pillow.

"You aren't much of a morning person, y/n?"

Y/n jolted awake, turning to her head to see Prince Shoto laying on his side next to her, him propped up on his elbow with his hand on his head. His bed head was still a mess and a small grin was plastered across his soft face. His eyes danced from her left to her right, like he was mesmerized by such charcoal colored irises. "Did I scare you?"

Y/n's heart skipped a beat as she stared at the gorgeous royal heir. "Yes, actually. I completely forgot that I'd be waking up in a bed with a prince."

Shoto chuckled, turning onto his back and running his hands through his two toned hair. "Glad to see you're finally awake."

"What time is it?" Y/n yawned, sitting up in the bed and stretching her arms over her head.

"Around 11 a.m."

"Eleven!?" Y/n gaped. "I must've slept so well, that's the longest I've ever slept in!...Were you waiting for me to wake up?"

"The prince shouldn't start his day without his princess. At least that's what Fuyumi and mother taught me." Shoto responded sleepily, his voice raspier than usual.

"...Is that just an excuse to sleep in with me?"

"...Maybe."

A knock suddenly came from the door, a soft voice speaking from the other side. "Sir Shoto? Princess of Shinjuku? Are the two of you awake?"

"Ah, come in." Shoto allowed as he sat up in the bed. The large door opened, a maid walking into the room with a silver cart. Y/n's eyes lit up, her mouth practically drooling.