shadow and lake

when you see the "~" symbol, play the song above to fully immerse yourself!

"SHOTO TELLS ME THE TWO OF YOU ARE GOING HORSEBACK RIDING!" Fuyumi beamed, peeking into y/n's bedroom after she just finished changing into her dress for the day

"SHOTO TELLS ME THE TWO OF YOU ARE GOING HORSEBACK RIDING!" Fuyumi beamed, peeking into y/n's bedroom after she just finished changing into her dress for the day. "Yeah, we are!"

"Here, you can wear my old gear!" Fuyumi offered as she handed y/n a stack of clothes. "You might get your dress dirty if you go riding in it."

"Are you sure you want me to wear this? Is it not important?"

"Of course! I don't live here anymore so those are just old clothes I found in my drawer. Feel free to rough them up a bit!" She gushed kindly.

Y/n gave a forced grin, looking down at the new gear she was just gifted. "...Princess Fuyumi?"

"Something wrong, y/n?"

"...Don't you think of me as a impoverished princess?"

Fuyumi hitched, taken aback by the suddenly question. "Now, what ever do you mean now, y/n?"

"You and the queen are allowing me to wear all your fancy clothing. Your father obviously sees me as poor filth...so aren't you a little disgusted by letting a woman such as I touch your things?"

Fuyumi sighed, giving an amused smile. "Now you're just speaking non-sense."

"H-Huh?"

"Here, sit sit." Fuyumi took y/n's wrist, the two sitting on the blue velvet bench that was placed at the head on the bed. "Allow me to let you in on something. Are you listening?"

"Mhm, mhm."

"Our father has always been controlling, especially when it came time for us to choose our spouses. Touya was the first to be married, and believe it or not, he too chose someone that father thought was unacceptable and unpleasant."