an uncomfortable dinner

"YOU LOOK DELIGHTFUL

"YOU LOOK DELIGHTFUL." Rei whispered to y/n as she passed by her seat, her sitting at the head of the table. Y/n bowed. "Thank you for allowing me to wear it."

The seating arrangement was quite odd, to say the least. The table was long, longer than it needed to be, since there was only 6 members of the Todoroki family plus y/n. Rei sat at the head of the table, and Endeavor sat across from her at the other end. Prince Touya and Prince Natsuo sat on Rei's left, and Princess Fuyumi sat to her right.

Shoto pulled out y/n's chair, her sitting next to Fuyumi, then walked to the other side of the table with his brothers, sitting directly in front of y/n.

A tall man stepped into the room, him wearing a white uniform and a white chef's hat. Seriously? Their own personal cook?

"On the menu today, is a bowl of tanaki soba served cold, with a plate of katsudon and a glass of our finest sake."

Endeavor clasped his hands together. "Thank you for the food." He bellowed.

"Thank you for the food." The rest of his family joined in, making y/n slightly confused. What was that? Some kind of prayer? Usually, Neito and I just dig in before Toga and Sako can steal our bread.

"Thank you for the food." Y/n whispered late, picking up her chopsticks and swirling together her beef and rice.

"Y/n."

Her heart jumped as Enji said her name, her turning to the king as he took a swill of his sake. "How wealthy are your parents?"

"Enji!-"

"You mean my mom and dad?" Y/n gulped. "Well...we're sort of a new kingdom, so we aren't as rich as you want are...sir."

Enji glared at y/n, unhappy with her answer. "Are you planning on marrying Shoto just to live off of our wealth? Because that surely will not be accepted."