tailored gowns

"SERO!!!" Toga busted into his shop, Sero sitting on a stool and carefully sewing the cuffs of pants

"SERO!!!" Toga busted into his shop, Sero sitting on a stool and carefully sewing the cuffs of pants. He jumped, startled by Toga's greeting. "Please don't scare me like that when I have a needle in my hands."

"Afternoon, Hanta!" Y/n bowed, closing the door behind her. Hanta Sero was the towns' tailor, owned a beautiful clothing shop just outside of the downtown area. The shop was small but comfy, clothes lining the walls and tables covered with thread and material. "Is your father out again?"

"Yup, he's in the neighboring county tailoring a princess' gown for the big ball." Sero glanced up at y/n, giving a snarky smirk. "Speaking of the ball, Sako tells me you plan on going. You're gonna play dress up?"

"Call it what you want." Y/n rolled her eyes at his joke, sitting at one of the tables with Toga. "It's just for our next mission."

Most of the town that y/n lived in knew of her true identify, along with Monoma's. They've collectively agreed to keep them a secret, as they represented the lower class as a whole. Why would they turn in Sparrow and Goldfinch if they were on their side?

"You've always been ballsy for a young woman." Sero sighed, rolling his stool from behind the table and holding out a tape measure. Y/n jumped out of her seat, walking over to him and holding up her arms to her head.

Sero wrapped the tape around her waist, measuring her size. "This gown has to look fancy, right? Like you're an actual princess and Toga's a real queen? I'm not a magician you know."

"You're quite rude today, Hanta." Toga pouted. "Did you skip supper last night?"

Sero gave a fake laugh, before immediately forming a line with his lips. "...The two of you barely have manners of a rich woman. They'll throw you out at the doorstep because you forgot to bow."

"Don't worry, we'll learn all the basics of being royalty! You just sew us some dresses before Saturday." Y/n chortled, dropping her arms for Sero to measure. She patted the top of his head and cooed him like a baby, making Sero roll his eyes at her.