She still considered me a baby who should be sheltered.

"I had to live in a hut," I mumbled, "You know, to exorcise bloody mary off me. Her monthly possession of the female body is horrendous," I snorted.

Even though they were worried out of their wits for my near-death situation, they burst into laughter.

Cheryl was the quickest to recover, "That menstrual hut shit?"

"Yep, that. And a demoness called mistress Ionna initiated it."

Before she could say anything, Dunkin cut her off, "Oh man, if not anyone else, you could've told Lorenzo!" he guffawed, probably at some inside joke.

"Don't you know? He's boss at seducing older women. So much that they wanna marry him!" He along with Aarmen started shrieking in laughter, "Just ONE look of our sexy-for-oldies buddy, and that mistress Ina mina would've melted to a puddle!"

I hadn't laughed so much in a long time that I was rolling on my bed. Lorenzo grumbled and grumbled, but in vain. Too bad he couldn't punch Dunkin's mouth shut.

"Edit out the 'older' from women, Donut," I could hear the grin in his voice, "At least I'm not drowning in celibacy like you. I hope you are enjoying your PURE life as a little priest to the se- ahem, the lovemaking goddess herself. How ironic."

Cheryl and I cracked up till we were out of breath. They went on without a stop to let us breathe in between the frenzied laughter, their comebacks never halting.

At last, Aarmen kicked them out of the call when their double meanings got too grotesque to hear. He and Cheryl assured one more time if I was alright, after which they went back to their work.

Getting off my bed, I stretched my arms to peep outside the window. The shadow of the pointer on the sundial showed a little before twelve of noon. This ancient stone clock that used the Sun's rays to measure time was amazing. I didn't need to order any watches from the AI book.

During the days in the hut, I hadn't realised I had caught a fever. It was Julian's order for me to take three day's rest before I started any work. I sucked up a breath and sighed, at how the situation was now... with him and the concubines.

I wasn't going to worry about impressing them anymore, because no matter what, their perspective wasn't changing. Especially after Julian's outwardness, I wonder if they could even bear my presence in the kitchen.

The only thing I was glad for was the misunderstanding to fade away. For Julian and me to become normal again.

A bit too normal.

I walked to the door to open it when a knock came. Dimitra stood there, smiling as ever.

"How are you feeling, Althea?" I ushered her in and she touched the back of her hand on my forehead, "The fever is gone," she hummed, "I told you, Gaia's herb selection is wonderful, didn't I?"

I nodded and hugged her, much to her surprise, "Thank you so much, for being there for me."

"Most welcome, dear court writer," she giggled, "So, would you like to continue with your routine? Or... it's alright if you don't want to work in the kitchen anymore," she offered. She understood everything I had to face, working with those vicious women of the palace. Except for a few, most weren't ready to accept my presence.

They chirped about and around Julian as if he had announced a plan of having ten wives.

"I... wanted to start my usual work but..." I hesitated, "The concubines..." I looked her in the eye, "You know well, what His Honour did," I sighed.