49. Why?

Waking up the next morning felt much different to how it usually would.
Rarely, would Eleanor ever wake up in a bad mood or ever feel herself feeling slightly withdrawn and melancholy but surprisingly on this day, that's exactly what she felt.

She got up wearily from her bed and looked over to Fred who was still sound asleep, wrapped in the sheets. Smiling sweetly to herself at him, she made her way out into kitchen to make him his usual tea and slice of toast, leaving it on the bedside table for him to come around to..

Eleanor placed a soft kiss onto his forehead before disappearing off into the shower to get ready for the day.

As the water dripped caressingly over her body, she was lost deep in thought about her itinerary for the day.
She planned on using the floo network to travel to the destination that she was instructed to go to along with all the other things that there were going on.
To the best of her knowledge, there was going to be a massive banquet in the evening to celebrate what would hopefully become a long lineage of history and success for her wand shop. Not to mention all the important people that were going to be there along with the minster of magic.

Reluctantly stepping out of the warm but calming shower, Eleanor wrapped her towel around her tightly and made her way back out into the bedroom where she found Fred, up, dressed, bed made and toast finished.

He sat on the edge of the bed, smiling up at her as she came out, his expression seemingly a little less happy than it was last night.

"Have you got everything ready?" He asked, his voice soft and smooth "don't want you to forget anything."

As Eleanor gradually sat down at her vanity, she swiftly waved her wand behind her shoulder where a bag aggressively flew out from within her wardrobe and neatly folded clothes along with a variety of other objects began to float in.

"Never mind" Fred chuckled, standing up to take his plate into the kitchen "I'm going to make you something before you leave okay."

Eleanor beamed at him in the reflection of the mirror as she watched him quietly leave the room. Once again, she flicked her wand behind her causing the radio to come on so she could at least have a bit of background noise on to distract her from becoming too deep in thought.
Besides she did have something to look forward to and that was to celebrate the official recognition of her shop.

Gradually getting on with the process of getting ready, she applied some light makeup, dried her hair and double checked she had everything packed.

Since she was meeting such formal people who always prowled around in suits and suspenders, Eleanor decided it was only fitting to slip into one of her more smarter, business type dresses.
- from the wardrobe, she pulled out a buttoned, blazer wrap dress that was black in colour with golden studs.

She wrapped the material around her figure and did the buttons up accordingly, matching it with a pair of formal heels and handbag.

Shortly after, Fred came back into the room carrying a small plate of beautifully decorated pancakes. Every single one of them was piled perfectly on top of one another, dripping in syrup and a variety of fruits.

"Here you go trouble" he smiled, placing the plate down onto the dresser, not realising yet how she was dressed- but once he looked up, his eyes immediately glared from her heels upwards.

She felt his gaze travelling along her as the sensation of tingles passed over her and it wasn't until he reached her eyes that he raised his eyebrows in approval.

"Should be illegal for you to go out like that" he teased, stepping towards her to kiss her cheek "you look amazing Jonesy ."

Eleanor's cheeks blushed as she bit back a smile, she loved when he was meaningful and soft with her, showing his more sensitive side and she believed she might be receiving a whole lot more of that since they were going to be separated.