36. Priorities

Warning: content in this chapter may be unsuitable for some readers - read at own discretion

Last night turned out to be an extreme turn of events as Eleanor had to sit there and endure Fred teasing her underneath the table.
Good thing that she had a relaxed poker face as nobody seemed to notice that she was extremely red faced and blushing.

But to Eleanors surprise, once they got home, Fred didn't continue with what he started. He let her arousal irritate her even more by not giving her what she wanted.
It was safe to say that it was going to be tough nights sleep for Eleanor as all she could think about was wanting Fred and the fact that he knew this made her feel this way, made him even more smug with himself.

And his teasing did not only stop there.

~~~~

As the week went on, Eleanor started advertising in her shop windows for part and full time week day and weekend staff.
Fred was right by saying that she might need to hire more help so that is exactly what she did.

The unfortunate part was that the people who turned up for the interviews had no experience with wands and had absolutely no knowledge of wand law. Eleanor couldn't possibly teach them all of it in one session especially with having to know so much about it.

The built up irritation of Fred having teased her all week and now not being able to find anyone to hire was beginning to get to Eleanor.
Most of the time all she could think about is how badly she needed to relieve herself but could never find the time to do it.
- why was Fred making her wait like this?

As she sat there behind the reception of her shop, Eleanor seemed quite distant from everything that was going around her as the front door opened and she didn't look up from the spot she was staring at.
It was only until the person who walked in, tapped on the desk that Eleanor perked up and met their eye.

"Yes? Oh-wait. Oh I'm so sorry" Eleanor stuttered, composing herself a little bit "don't mind me, it's just been a long day."

"That's quite alright" The well spoken girl replied "My name is Olivia and I'm here to hopefully apply for the position you have advertised in the window."

A small smile seemed to form from the side of Eleanors mouth as the young girl spoke to her. Something about this seemed almost promising.

"Have you got your forms and everything?" Eleanor asked

And almost immediately the girl pulled out a perfectly well put together piece of parchment, detailing all her experiences that she had.

Eleanor barely even read it when her eyes fell on the fact that she had studied wand law.
It was like a perfect miracle.

"Olivia Mason? Is that right?" Eleanor said reading her name at the top of the document and the blonde haired girl nodded.

"Yes that's correct."

"Can you start tomorrow?" Eleanor smiled, looking up at the girl as she began to beam.

"Oh my, really- wow this is wonderful." Olivia giggled "Thankyou so much!"

and the two of them gladly shook hands.

It seemed that Eleanors frustration had in some way paid off.
And it wasn't until she saw Fred standing outside the front door watching her deal with her customer did that same frustration start to bounce back.

"Oh- before I go" Olivia cut in "my sister couldn't be be here today so I brought her documentation too. She would really like to work here. We read in your advertisement that you needed people to cover in your absence, so I thought maybe two was better than one."