Chapter 16 - Braquette

Hitsuki stands behind the counter at Cafe Poirot. There were 4 things she was tired of, one of them was Rum being an absolute killjoy. She could be walking Hiro in the park right now and not working at a cafe. If only that old man wasn't such a pain in the ass-

"Ah, Hitsuki-chan?"

"Hm?" Hitsuki blinks at Azusa.

"If you don't mind, could you stop the intense glaring? I doubt the plates have done anything to you... not to mention you're scaring the customers."

"A-ah I'm sorry!" Hitsuki bows and Amuro laughs.

"Don't worry about it. You're probably not used to working at a cafe"

Ding~

"Welcome to Cafe Poirot!" the three speak and Hitsuki blinks. The three continue as if nothing had happened and overhears the conversation.

"But... you came to Tokyo especially for that..."

"Shut up idiot! The one who went to London to confess should shut up!"

"In my case, the place just happened to be London..."

"Ho"

"But is today really okay?"

"Wha?"

"Look at the calendar!"

"Okay, of all things, today is..."

"Friday the 13th... right?" Amuro pops up next to the two and Hitsuki speaks up.

"People say that today's terribly unlucky... some people think that it's because there were 13 people on Jesus Christ's last supper, or that it's a non-integral number that doesn't belong to the duodecimal system... oh and Christ was crucified on a Friday... and President Kennedy was killed in Texas on a Friday..." Hitsuki taunts.

"However-" Amuro cuts her off and she grins. "This is Japan, so there is nothing to worry about... It's only a coincidence that the 13th day of the month falls on a Friday... moreover, it has the possibility to happen twice a year... That's why there's nothing to worry about. You can still tell the girl you like how you feel. Christ and Kennedy didn't die on the 13th after all..."

"Confessing to Kazuha today?" Hitsuki asks and wipes her hands with the towel.

"Y-yeah"

"Good luck then!" Hitsuki wipes her forehead and puts on her gloves.

"Tired already?" Amuro asks.

"Mm," Hitsuki tightens her apron and leans against the counter.

"Ah? They still haven't arrived?" A man walks in.

"People from the Beika University Drama Circle that reserved a spot here?" Amuro asks. "They still haven't arrived yet"

"Geez, we wanted to have Yui's birthday party in here..." the man puts his bag down and heads to the bathroom. "Well if they do arrive, tell them to start without me please... I've kind of had an upset stomach since this morning..."

"A-are you alright?" Azusa asks.

"I'm fine!"

Hitsuki sighs and ties her hair up. Two others come in and she smiles. They talk for a bit before one of them asks for an outlet. Azusa hands him the outlet and everyone pauses when the lights go out.

"No way! A blackout?!"

"I-I just saw something like a spark..."

"Ah, that's from the outlet"