Chapter 5 - Pinot Noir

"Hm?" Hitsuki opens the door to the Mouri Agency and spots a familiar blonde.

"Ah Hitsuki-nee-chan!" Conan greets. Hitsuki smiles.

"Good morning Conan-kun, Ran-chan, Oji-san!" Hitsuki smiles. "it's been a while!"

"Hitsuki-chan? What a peculiar name." the blonde speaks. Hitsuki turns to face the male. Guess he did take Champagne's advice.

"This is..?" Hitsuki stares at the male and then the other three.

"Ah, he's Amuro Tooru-kun. He's my apprentice" Uncle speaks and Hitsuki nods.

"I see... I'm Hitsuki Niriyishi! I was wondering when the apprentices would pour in" Hitsuki smiles and shares a look with Amuro.

"Speaking of which, why are you here today Hitsuki-nee-chan?" Conan pipes up and Hitsuki smiles.

"I made too many macarons hehe" Hitsuki pulls out a rather large box of the french dessert.

"That's" Ran blinks.

"Alot. But more for us! Hitsuki-san always makes the best desserts" Uncle sings and Hitsuki laughs.

"Is Azusa-chan downstairs? I wanted to give her some as well" Hitsuki pulls out a smaller box and stares at Amuro. Ah a Poirot apron, how convinient.

"Ah, she's already gone home for the day" Amuro murmurs.

"Really? Then you can have it!" Hitsuki smiles. 

"Really? Wouldn't that be a burden?"

"No, not at all!" Hitsuki hands him the box and winks. "Let me know if they fit your taste."

"Ah thank you then" Amuro smiles sheepishly and Hitsuki stares at the screen.

"Anyway after this live performance is over, it'll be right when the client's supposed to come" Kogoro mentions and stares at his phone. "Huh? An email? They want to meet at Columbo instead?! Geez what a pain in the ass, maybe I should refuse."

"No way! Since this customer was so hard to come by" Ran mentions. "Plus, Conan-kun and I haven't had lunch yet, so we can just eat at Columbo!"

"You're not eating Amuro-kun's sandwiches?"

"We can put them in the fridge for dinner!"

"Sandwiches for dinner?" 

"Ah if you don't mind, could I tag along?" Hitsuki smiles. "I haven't had lunch either"

"Ah of course" Ran smiles.

"Ah, Oji-san your cigarette ash is falling" Hitsuki points out.

"Ah..."

"What would happen if there was a fire?! Though it's due to a certain someone's reluctance to work that our household finances are on the verge of burning down..." Ran chasties.

"Ah, a witty pun" Kogoro puts out his cigarette.

"Would you mind if I also sit in?" Amuro points to himself. "My shift with Poirot was only until noon after all..."

"That's fine. But if you're going to sit in, don't forget to pay tuition"

"Of course!" Amuro smiles as he heads downstairs with the four. "Please go on ahead! I'll get my jacket and meet you there!"

Hitsuki heads over and feels a presence nearby. She checks her surroundings quickly and follows the others. Someone was planning something, oh if only she knew.

"Ah, the spaghetti here is pretty good" Hitsuki hums while eating her lunch. "But what was the case on?"

"A coin locker key"