The Proposals Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

Ivy-

Ivy wanted to be the one to propose. She was very much an independent woman, plus she had been the one who approached you when you first met. Problem was: there weren't a lot of tips on how a girl is supposed to propose to her true love. 

Her brother and Carmen both told Ivy to "Just go for it!" But Ivy wanted to be sure the deal would be sealed with one ask. She did not know your ring size, and knew directly asking you would give everything away. So, if a ring was out of the question, what could she propose with?
You got the answer when you walked into HQ one day and couldn't find anybody. Anybody, except Ivy in the garage. "Y/n. We gotta talk."

The tone of her voice made you worry. She only sounded stern like that when you two were about to fight. "What is it, Ivy? What's wrong?"

Ivy heaved a sigh and asked. "Do you want out?"

"What!?"

"Do. You. Y/f/n (middle name?) Y/L/n. Want out of the Carmen Sandiego Crazy Train, once and for all?!"

"No!" You shout. "How could you say that? I've never done anything to compromise our family and I have NEVER said I wanted out! What's brought this on?" A sudden, terrible thought came to you. "Ivy... are you...are you trying to get rid of me? Do you want to break up?"

"No, you yutz!"

"Then WHAT are you trying to say, Ivy?!"

Crossing her arms, Ivy walked right up to your face. "Do you want to be with me forevah?" She asked.

"Yes!" You said.

"Even if we go broke? Even if I get sick?"

"Even then. Especially then."

"Some people might look at us funny. Would ya help me beat em up?"

"I'll hold them, you punch."

"... Good."

You sigh in relief. Apparently the odd interrogation was over. Then Ivy added, "Cause now I can give you this!"

Out of a nearby cardboard box Ivy pulled out a pair of matching jackets. The jackets were your favorite color, but the giant letters on the back that spelled out 'ENGAGED' were Ivy's favorite color.

"Y/n," Ivy grinned. "Will you wear these with me?"

Graham-

Graham put a lot of thought into his proposal. As in years of thought! He called in a crazy amount of favors to book a restaurant overlooking the sea, reserving the private deck with giant lantern lights. His new job made it possible to get the perfect diamond ring with your birthstone accents, and to get a tux for the occasion. Graham rehearsed his lines for his proposal until he knew for sure what words would win you over.

Finally, you were both there. Graham swelled with pride as you gasped and gazed at the atmosphere. As an added bonus, the staff of the restaurant offered a recording service, so couples could replay their grand moments at the wedding and future events!

After you both had eaten and enjoyed an absolutely romantic night, Graham felt it was the right time. He was confident. "Y/n?" Graham stood up from his chair. He was ready to pop the question!

"I know that our lives-" one thing Graham couldn't have planned on this night... was the high tide. The ocean waves crashed against the beams so loud, the rest of his words were lost.
He laughed and tried louder, "I know that our lives-!"

On the roof, a seagull, who had settled in for the night, spotted some leftovers on your table. It squawked and dive-bombed right for the scraps!

"Ahh!" You both screamed!

A nearby waitress heard the noise and ran out to help. You all managed to shoo the bird away at the expense of a candle and plate falling into the sea.

The waitress hurried away, and Graham was getting frustrated. "Our lives have changed since we first met! But-"

A loud cap of thunder followed by lightning! Suddenly it began to downpour. "Sudden storm!" Was shouted by the staff. You and Graham hurried inside, but you were both completely soaked to the bone by the time you were under the eaves.

The staff apologized a least a thousand times. They used clean tablecloths as blankets for you. The evening was officially ruined. Then you just laughed! You laughed like someone pulled a ripcord on a parachute! It took a second before Graham joined you. He did though, and he realized you were both still on camera.

"Let-Let's go off the script, shall we?" Wet, a tablecloth over his shoulders, Graham got down on one knee and took your hand. "Baby, if this night proves anything, it's that even the worst night is the best with you. So before the next disaster hits: Will you take this ring and marry me?"

A/n:  And cut!  That's the first part!  Next we'll have the Vile Proposals.  Be on the watch!