I sense Zac stiffen, and I turn around to see Ray standing in front of us.

He never stops.

"Can I help you?" Zac asks politely.

"You can't, but Delilah, on the other hand, could," I instantly notice a slight slur in his speech.
He really was getting drunk at 5 pm?

"What do you need Ray?" I ask with a voice full of resentment.

"You look very beautiful," he says as he takes a step toward me.

"That's close enough," growled Zac from behind me.

"You see, I don't understand your problem. I just came to talk with Delilah." He takes another step forward.

"Ray, I don't have anything to say to you," I spit.

"Delilah, I'm sorry. Please, you aren't even giving me a chance to explain. I made a mistake, i-"

"A mistake? You were choking me, Ray! I would say that was the opposite of a mistake." I'm getting so worked up.

I grab Zac's hand and walk past Ray, but he reaches for my hand. I look to Zac and hand him Tara, and then I turn around.

"You have three seconds to let go of me, Ray. I'm not playing."

His grip tightens. "Or what? You gonna call the cops on me like you did Daniel?"

He crossed the line. I clench my hand into a fist at my side, and i swung with all my might.

Ray stumbles back, and blood is dripping from his nose. He looks at me with a surprised expression.

"You bitch," he mumbled, but I've already turned around and was grabbing Zac's hand. We make our way to the parking lot in silence, then we stop.

I glance at Zac, and he's looking at me. A smile brakes across his face, and we both start dying of laughter. He wraps me in a hug, with Tara between us, and we are still laughing.

"You got quite a swing, don't you," Zac teases between breaths.

"That bloody hurt though," I say as I'm still laughing.

Zac leans down and presses his forehead to mine. I bring my hand up to his face, and kiss his lips.

Zac steps back and looks at his watch.

"20 minutes love," he says and I nod.

He takes my hand again and he walks us to a super nice car, and he winks at me.

"Wait, I have to get Tara's car seat," I say as I turn toward the other cars in the lot.

"No need," he says with a smile.

He walks around and opens the back passenger door, and there sits a car seat.

"W-when?" I ask, surprised.

"The other day," he laughs. He places Tara in the seat and then opens my door for me. I get buckled in and he's already pulling out the parking lot.

__________________________________
Zac's PoV

I make my way to the restaurant close to campus. Delilah is silent, but her thoughts were loud.

He's such a gentlemen.
I can't believe this is happening to me.
He looks so handsome.
I wonder if I look alright.
Fuck, he can read my thoughts.

With that, Delilah looks to me, and I laugh.

"Can I have no privacy?" She jokes.