"What do you mean?" I asked. I felt the frustrated rising as they continued to give me more questions than answers.

"Because of my training as a doctor and my ability, I can use my energy to search for abnormalities and injuries within another person," Peter explained.

"How is that possible?" Amazement filled my voice. Peter blushed before continuing.

"When I teleport, I'm manipulating my energy and anyone else who I take with me. It's the same concept I just checked to make sure nothings there that shouldn't be."

"Like some darkness left behind by the dark energy," I said, realizing what was going on. Peter nodded solemnly. "What could've happened?" They seemed reluctant to answer, but finally Finn sighed.

"If Tenebris can infect you, it can corrupt you, hurt you, or even cause you to go insane."

A part of me was glad he didn't censor himself, but another part of me wished he would have. I tried to push down the fear of what couldn't been but it didn't help that I was clueless when it came to this dark energy. I assumed it had some relation to the Malum, but I didn't know.

"We need to talk," I told them. They knew I meant more than just the three of us. They both nodded.

"While everyone is finishing unpacking, I'm going to get dinner in the oven. It has to cook for over an hour. After that, we will all meet and explain everything," Peter told me concisely. I nodded and took a deep breath. I could wait that long.

"So we're peeling potatoes?" I asked, glancing over at the one Finn was trying to peel. It wasn't going very well.

Peter grimaced as he nodded, taking the potato away from Finn. He opened the drawer beside him and pulled out a vegetable peeler and another knife. Peter went to hand me the peeler, but I shook my head, reaching for the knife. He raised his eyebrows in surprise but didn't argue.

Finn ended up with the peeler as we went to work. I wielded the knife expertly as I skinned the potato in record time. Just like riding a bike. I sat the peeled potato down before grabbing another. Finn and Peter paused, watching me.

"How did you do that?" Finn asked in amazement.

"I had a job for a while at a restaurant. Sometimes the only thing I would do all day was peel potatoes." I finished up my second one, setting it beside the first.

"Impressive," Peter complimented, watching me. I felt the heat rising in my cheeks that had just gone away. Not knowing what to say, I continued to work. Peter and Finn resumed their work as well, and soon enough, all the potatoes were thoroughly naked. I sat back with Finn and watched Peter work his magic.

Before too long, the dishes were in the oven and we headed back to the living room just as the others came downstairs. I didn't know what Peter was making, but it already smelled delicious. I was going to have a hard time concentrating on this talk.

I plopped down on the floor in front of Joe on the couch, leaning back against it. Pulling my knees to my chest, I wrapped my arms around my legs as I watched everyone else settle around the room. I prepared myself for the next, 'fill Hadley in on what she doesn't know meeting'.

Kent sat down on the floor in front of me on the other side of the wooden coffee table. Ryder stood behind him, with Zeke near the sturdy brick fireplace. Isaac and Peter sat on the floor on either side of me while Caspian settled on the arm of the couch. Finn sat in the chair next to the couch.

Isaac and Peter sat close enough that their arms lightly brushed mine. I didn't mind it surprisingly. It felt comforting. They were there, but still giving me some space.