chap. 18

"Taylor," I say softly, although I'm not sure I mean to speak

"Taylor," I say softly, although I'm not sure I mean to speak. I just don't really know what to say.

What do you say in a situation like this? When you're meeting your ex-boyfriend's fiance? It's weird, no matter what way you put it.

"Uh, hi. Sorry, I'm just uh-a little confused to see you is all," I don't think I've ever said 'uh' as much in my life. I really have no idea what to say.

"I know, sorry for sneaking up on you like that," She apologizes sincerely. "I just-I come here every day and I saw you sitting here and I recognized you. And I guess I wanted the chance to speak with you, if you're okay with that."

I'm taken aback, but I don't resist. I do still have unanswered questions and this ought to be interesting.

I motion for her to sit and try to wipe the resting bitch face I'm sure is more present than ever. "Yeah, sure."

I instantly start taking in every part of her. What else do you do when you're sitting across from an ex-lover's new lover?

She's tall like me, I noticed that right away and I could already tell from before she's confident, secure about herself. Rightfully so, I mean not only does she look powerful and like she commands a room, but she's undoubtedly stunning. Aside from her blue eyes, she has blonde hair that's wavy and long and it looks natural -- both the color and the style.

Every feature on her looks perfectly suited to her face and body. The long legs, her straight nose, her long lashes, even her small ears suit her.

I resist the urge to compare myself to her because the urge is quite strong, but I'm not in the business of tearing down other women because they are with someone I used to be with.

But I can't help but think that Greyson was never into blondes. All his old girlfriends, me included were brunettes, or maybe it's just a lie he sold me. Who knows? Regardless, even if you have never found a blonde attractive for your entire life, you cannot look at this girl and not think she is drop dead gorgeous because she just is. It's a fact, not even a matter of opinion.

I instantly remember I'm sitting right across from her and find myself drifting away from my thoughts and back at her. "I've heard a lot about you," She says. "Well obviously." She adds with a laugh, prompting me once again not knowing how to respond. "Sorry, I guess I don't know how to have this conversation. I'm not usually this nervous, or really ever nervous."

I smile at her. She seems kind, down to earth like Greyson said. "I sensed that. Grey mentioned you're a big-shot lawyer."

"Something like that," She replies. "And you're an artist, right?"

I scrunch my face a little and echo her. "Something like that. Mostly Greyson's doing that I'm pursuing art now."

"I heard he interfered. I'm sorry about that, by the way," She says. "It wasn't his place and I'm sorry if it fucked things up for you."