Chapter 11- Everything is going to be okay

"How did it go Louis?" Edward asked

"Perfect. We got him wrapped around our fingers. See? I told you to trust me"

"Well then what did you tell him?"

"A trade, 5 million pounds for her" Louis said gesturing to Penelope.

"Do you think he's gonna listen?"

"Yes, it is simple Edward. We want something. He has it. We have something, or someone he wants. Simple maths"

"I don't think that's maths, maybe if we went to school...."

"What did I say about correcting me?"

"Sorry"

"So that's your plan huh?" Penelope spoke up.

"Why are you speaking?" one of the kidnappers asked.

"I feel I have a right to know" Penelope said confidently. She felt more confident and didn't want to be a scared person anymore. She wanted to be brave for herself and for Colin.

"Well let's make this simple. We're going to be rich. Your family is going to broke"

Penelope was silent. She couldn't let that happen. Not only would she be the cause of the Bridgerton's loosing all their money, but also for future generations.

"You can't do that. Please do anything but that" Penelope pleaded.

"Sorry doll, we can't, we made a promise to your husband that no harm would ever come to you"

Penelope felt her heart flutter, Colin cared after all. Even after their fight. It made her realize what a great husband and great man Colin Bridgerton was. Which is why she couldn't cause his family to go broke.

TIME JUMP TO RIGHT BEFORE MIDNIGHT

Colin paced back and fourth in Anthony's house. Anthony's family was out to dinner with his mother just so they could have the house to themselves.

"Colin, it's okay, it's gonna work" Benedict tried to comfort him.

Colin checked the clock, it read 11:30pm. "Okay, let's go now so you and Anthony can hide".

The three of them headed out the door to the address that Colin was given.

When they got there, they were the first ones, so Anthony and Benedict hid around the corner in the dark. The street that was chosen was concealed form the main road, but there were no sidewalks. The only thing illuminating the street were a couple street lamps.

Colin stood in the middle of the street holding a brief case, waiting for Louis, the guy he saw earlier that day.

Then he appeared, alone.

"Well hello Mr. Bridgerton"

"Cut the politeness. where is she? Where is Penelope?" Colin said.

Louis snapped his fingers and Edward stepped out with Penelope's hands tied behind her and blindfold still on.

"Penelope!" Colin stepped forward, but stopped when he noticed Edgar was holding a knife hovering above Penelope's neck.

"Colin? Is that you" Penelope said shaking her head.

"Yes it's me Pen...everything is going to be okay, I promise"

"Colin, don't do anything. Don't listen to them. Don't give them any money" Penelope's voice quivered.

Colin was taken aback at this statement. "Why on earth would I not give them the money Penelope?"

"Because, I can't let you do that. Knowing that I would be the reason for your family to be broke, that I destroyed the future for all your siblings and our future children...I would not be able to bare it!" Penelope yelled.

Colin looked at his scared wife and realized that she was sacrificing her own life to save his and his family. "Penelope don't you get it? I don't have a future, if it's not with you". He swallowed and turned his gaze to Louis.

"Here's the briefcase, in it contains 5 million pounds as promised. Now give me my wife back"

"Colin don't-" Penelope tried to yell but was interrupted at Edward holding her mouth shut with his one free hand.

Colin hastily took some steps forward. "Get your hands off of her"

"Now let's not get too excited here. It is a simple trade, money? Or love?" Louis asked stroking Penelope's cheek. She immediately cringed and tried to get out of Edwards grasp.

Colin stepped back and put his hands above his head to show that he surrendered.

"Good choice"

Colin glared at Louis and Edward. If looks could kill, both men would be more than dead.

"You will not be getting away with this" Colin said grabbing the briefcase full of money.

"I'm sure, now, let the trade begin"