𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 (𝟕)

Start from the beginning

"Aw, Niki..." (Y/n) hummed softly at them with their eyebrows tilted up so that their expression matched a kind complexion they wore. They were flustered by Niki's words and they were already being swayed.

"And this is no offence to Austin, of course, but I've never been more excited for a Love or Host after finding out that this one was with you." She murmured. "I've made tonnes of sacrifices in the past but I've never sacrificed my schedule this must just to get myself in the game."

"Was I really worth it to you?"

"Yes, absolutely! (Y/n), you and I are great friends, and this could always develop into something more." Niki's own cheeks went red, her own smile radiating her clear excitement. "The two of us could be great, (Y/n). Greater than any other duo, any other couple, to walk the earth." She placed her hand on the desk. "And... If you choose me, it shows me that you believe it too."

(Y/n) sat staring at the back of their palm before lifting their head up back at Nihachu, their brain was feeling a bit muddled.

"I'd have nothing against you if you didn't choose me, (Y/n)." Niki noted down softly, their view caught the indecisive look in (Y/n)'s eyes. "I don't want to make it seem like i'm pressuring you or anything. You're always inclined to your own decision."

"That's nice of you to say, Niki." (Y/n) hummed.

"I just want to put this out there. Take with you, to the end of this stream and to the date you'll hold with the winner, your best friend." Nihachu began her line of advice to them. "And i'm not necessarily saying that that's me. I'm saying choose who you trust. Pick who you'd want to spend hours on end with. Don't make a random decision, because I know you're smarter than that."

(Y/n) and Niki both exchanged sweet glances before the timer above them at the top of the screen went off, indicating that Nihachu was out of time to speak.

She leisurely leaned back in her chair, giving (Y/n) a soft smirk as she reclined in her seat, her swivel chair moving slightly as the indicator came on to show that Nihachu was being muted and deafened for the second part of the round.

As expected, Austin made the speech to Technoblade about what he must do. He was given a fair idea on what the final round was like and was even given a few pointers, just like Nihachu was given.

(Y/n) patiently waited for themself to undeafen as Austin had deafened them to talk to Technoblade, warning him of what was going to come. And when the time finally arose, the two of them faced each other on the screen and the timer began to count down slowly.

(Y/n) saw that they had become undeafened and that (Y/n) was no longer muted so that they could talk to Techno.

When the timer started to count down from the two minutes that he was given, Technoblade inhaled sharply to prepare himself for the next moment that was going to pass them by.

"Okay, I'm going to keep it simple here, (Y/n)." He said simply.

(Y/n) looked a little surprised at the immediate response but didn't think much of it and just nodded their head. "...Okay..."

"I'm going to be very honest here... I was actually planning on declining the offer to be on this love or host."

"Oh..!" That sort of hit them by surprise.

"...But... Austin said something that sort of swayed me."

"And what was that?" They lifted her brow at Technoblade as he went to take another deep breath.

"He said that he had chosen eleven of (Y/n)'s best friends." He stated simply. "And I know that that may not seem like much to you, but it means so much to me. More than I had actually hoped."

"Wait, really?"

"Of course." He shrugged. "I know I bully you a lot for being trash and making me carry whenever we play Hypixel, because frankly: It happens a lot, but more often than not, I don't mean it."

(Y/n) didn't want to speak up in the fear that they'd interrupt an important message he wanted to put forward to them. It was very evident that they were getting increasingly more flattered by what he had to say.

"Obviously, there are some situations where I tend to get a little side-tracked and I may sound more serious than I actually am, but I try my best not to go to far because I'd never want to upset you." He huffed quietly. "It's really hard talking to people in general and actually socialising with them, let alone making close friends. So when Austin deemed me as one of your best friends, it clearly meant something."

"Well- Of course, Techno. You're one of my closest friends..." (Y/n) finished off quietly, trying their best to keep eye contact with Techno, but he seemed a little nervous at the time so his view was switching constantly.

"Exactly. And (Y/n), I have to say, what you're doing is very brave and it takes a lot of courage. Because I know that I, myself, would never be able to do this. My social anxiety would just say no- You know, even being here sort of scares me. But you, (Y/n). You being here as sort of pushed me through it. And I don't mean that in a negative way at all."

(Y/n) rested their elbow on the rest of their seat as they continued listening to him, every word travelling through their head so that they could process what he was saying. All of these sentences just felt so heavy to hear.

"I think it's very admirable of you to do this. Because having to reject one person, especially your best friend, is bad enough. Just imagine having to do that nine more times." He chortled deeply. "But, of course, you don't have to imagine that." He commented.

"You're being a lot more vocal than you were in the actual rounds." They lifted their palm up to note down after he had finished that sentence. They raised her balled-up palm back over their chin to rest on to hear what he had to say to that.

"Yeah, I know." He replied immediately. "You know why, (Y/n/n)? Because I honestly didn't think I would get this far. Sure, you may think of me as your best friend, but there are friends you have that are closer than me. And I don't know whether it's because you actually want me here or because you just wanted the others gone. Especially when you have contestants like GeorgeNotFound and Karl Jacobs, a person like me would never think that he has a chance to win you over."

A look of pity waved over (Y/n)'s iris as they had finally caught Technoblade's gaze when he had stopped swirling in his seat to gently rest back in his chair.

"All I know is that I never expected to find myself in the final of a love show. It's all so surreal. I just thought that with a competition of ten other people, I wouldn't have that great of a chance because I'm, well... Me." He laughed at himself silently. "I've faced a lot more people. Y'know, I've 1-v-30'ed people in the past. But this, to me, was even scarier than having to fight all of those nerds in a block game. Because while those rounds with require skill, these rounds require knowledge. Not just on your life, but what to say. And the prize here is you."

"That's..." They paused. "...Actually really sweet of you to say, Techno. I don't think I've ever caught you being this sincere."

"I thought that since I'm here in the final, I'm going to be honest and upfront. Just being here was a huge risk for me itself. Looking at the accept invitation over and over again was so thought-provoking. But finally saying yes was one of the best decisions that I could have made. And... Hopefully, we could take even bigger risks, but... Together."

(Y/n)'s face shone a rosy colour. He seemed so honestly and sure of his answer. The final few seconds of the time that he had left slowly ticked away in the silence before Austin undeafened Nihachu and finally spoke up.

(Y/n) was stuck in her own indecisive spiral and they were torn between the two people they had left behind.

Niki's speech felt so kind and sweet, she was open about the possibilities of the future and accepting of her past and who (Y/n) actually was. While Technoblade's felt sincere and heartfelt, like it was actually coming from his heart rather than his head. It was just as if Techno was talking to them as a friend that he trusted greatly.

Given a few minutes to finally come to their conclusion after Austin had made the penultimate announcement, (Y/n) took a deep breath and pulled up the direct message to Austin on who they wanted to keep.