"Congratulations babe," and kisses her. Right. In. Front. Of. Kade.

I can see the small hope shatter in his eyes. He staggers back and I know he is having a hard time comprehending what is happening. My heart turns heavy with guilt knowing what just happened.

They both back away and Hunter turns to us.

"Hi. Sup." He says to both me and Arya then frowns when his eyes land on Kade.

"You are?" Kade shakes his head smiles at him. I know behind that smile is so much hurt hidden.

"Kade, this is Hunter." Hazel introduces them, she pauses before stating his relation with her.

"My boyfriend." I hold my breath waiting to see Kade's reaction but his face is void of any emotion.

"Hunter, this is Kade."

"A friend." That was the last stroke.

She just turned him a stranger with those two words. She broke his heart and didn't even realise. We kept the information of Hunter being Hazel's boyfriend away from Kade for the benefit of him so he doesn't get hurt further. But now I realise it has been a mistake.

Kade looks at us both and shakes his head before walking away.

"Kade. Listen-" I try to stop him.

"Don't. There is no point. Thanks for the useless help." I can practically hear his heart break in his voice. He shuts everyone off when something happens to him. Last time, it didn't end well. I so hope he doesn't do something stupid like drown himself in drinking and ruining himself.

He walks away from us. It's not fair how a kind guy like him has felt this. I don't know how I could have avoided this.

I don't run after him though. He needs some time because I know he may be blaming us so if I go after him, he might as well hate me even more.

Hazel what have you done?

***

"Ready?" Ella nods and opens the glass door to the conference room. She walks in before me and stands to the side.

With my bag and files in my hand, I walk in and watch everyone in the room stand up at my presence. Walking to the top seat, I nod at everyone before I glance at the other head of the table where Zane is standing with his hands in his pockets. I nod at him too before sitting down, I don't want to give him the satisfaction of winning.

"Let's get planning, shall we?" They nod and we start discussing where it could be.

I didn't realise Irene was here too but when she saw me, her eyes lit up and all the anger I felt coming here evaporated. This is why I chose this job. People believe in me and choose me to make their day special. She was very excitedly telling me everything she wanted while Ella was writing on her iPad everything she was telling me. I was nodding and adding in few suggestions of myself.

Irene is such a humble person. She didn't want it extravagant, but a simple birthday party, but despite her saying that, I know we had to extend some things to make it a massive event. A main colour she wanted was rose gold in contrast with black. I loved that idea. She wanted a grand hall with massive chandeliers but simple table cloths and close to nothing on them. A dance floor and a bar with drinks.

The whole time I could see Zane's calculating gaze on me from my peripheral vision. But I did not once look at him. Smiling and talking to everyone except him. Although I am in his building, in his conference room, I am ignoring him.