Shes already spoken for

Rose was sat in the break room completing all of the work she had missed out on when she was off, she was attempting to finish her biology assignment she had due tomorrow. She had to write a 5 page essay on evolution and genetics, biology was one of her strongest so she was finding it fairly easy but it was still stressing her out. Kevin walked into the break room to make a coffee, "what up?" He said smiling at rose, "hey, you must be Kevin right?" She said smiling at him, he turned around confused as to how she knew since they hadn't formally met, "how you know that?" He said with a voice break. Rose just laughed and pointed towards the notice board by his desk in the bullpen, "ohhh so you're observant and funny. I like you already kiddo" he said before patting her should and leaving. Rose smiled at how much security she has now she lives with jay.
"Okay so we have to make a bust on this guy today, we've got 3 Female DOA's thanks to him. All three victims had a receipt for the gas station he works at in their purses, so we think he must've planted the drugs in their cars in hopes to clear his name off the street, other dealers must've found the women before they could get home and that's how they all wound up dead on the side of the road." Hank explained to the unit, he was saying that they needed to make a bust today or it was going to be too late. "How we gonna make a bust sarge? We got no pure evidence, it's not like we can just walk into his gas station and get him to confess." Kim said not knowing what he wanted them to do. Rose had stopped her work just to eavesdrop into their conversation, she felt the cogs turn in her mind and she thought of a good idea but she was scared to speak up. She finally plucked up enough courage after a few seconds, the whole bullpen was silent and they were all clueless at how they could do it safely.
"Play him at his own game..." Rose said nervously while surfacing out of the break room. The whole unit turned to stare at her waiting for her to explain further, especially Jay. "Uh, what I mean is, get a female detective to go undercover and walk into his gas station, she'll then leave to fill up on gas and let him plant the drugs in her trunk. She could then go and get the drugs from the trunk, confront him and confess she wants to do business with him. Get a time and location then bust him then..." she added before going quiet again.
Hank turned look at rose in shock, she was a 15 year old girl who just gave all the qualified detectives in the room a run for their money. He smiled and walked over to her before turning his attention back to the unit, "you heard the kid. Hailey, you're going under. Everyone gear up!" Hank barked at them all, jay was just staring at rose in disbelief. The unit followed hanks orders and they arranged to go by exactly what Rose planned out for them. "Come on kiddo, you just bought yourself a ride in the van with you're brother if he lets you" Hank said while leading her downstairs right behind the rest of the team. "Jay...she allowed to come along? She can ride in the van with you. I'll make sure she has a vest on don't worry" hank double checked with jay. Jay looked worried but as soon as he locked his gaze on to rose's ambitious glistening eyes he caved in, "yeah fine, but under one condition. You stay in the van!" Jay said seriously pointing his finger in her face. "Copy that!" She said raising her arms in defence before walking over to hailey who put a vest on her so she was safe. "You know she's already spoken for" Hank said to jay as they both watched Rose suit up. "Spoken for?" Jay enquired back to his random statement. "Yeah jay, I want her in my unit, when she's able to, I want her" Hank said smiling at jay. She was only 15 but Hank knew he would try with all his power to get her into the police academy as soon as she was old enough. "She's smart, cut out for the job. She takes after you alright" Hank complimented both Rose and jay. Jay smiled at how much of a credit she was to him but he was also scared of losing her since he sees how dangerous the job is everyday.
"Alright let's move, I'll go in the van with jay and Rose. Hailey you know the score, Kim and Adam you take the front, Kevin and Vanessa you cover the back" Hank made sure they knew what they were doing. Hailey arrived at the gas station first and immediately went into undercover mode as she walked into the station. Hank, Rose and jay were sat in the van watching haileys every move from the wires she was wearing. The other four detectives were guarding the exits in case the meet went terribly wrong, "hey, just this and gas please" hailey said to the man they were after who was sat behind the counter. "Sure thing beautiful" the drug dealer said spine chillingly . "Ugh, creep alert!" Rose said with attitude to Hank and jay in the van which made them laugh.
Hailey made her way outside and sat on the hood of the scrappy undercover car while the man filled up her tank with gas, once he had finished filling up her tank she heard the trunk door slam shut so she knew he had planted the drugs like they expected. "Hey man, I'm interested in doing business with you" she said stopping the man in his tracks, "I don't know what you're talking about" he snapped back in his Latino accent. Hailey laughed and grabbed the key of coke from her trunk that he had just put there, "sure you do" she said smiling at him. "Fine, how much you thinking?" He said looking around for witnesses. "4 more of these bad boys, how much you charging?" She said smirking. "1.5k for the bundle usually, but for you I can bump it down to 1.2k" he said making his way over to her. She threw him the drugs bag and smiled at his offer, "perfect, can we do the deal today?" She said impatiently. "Yeah sure thing, 7pm tonight and I'll text you the address". He smiled devilishly as hailey handed him her undercover phone number before she got in her car and set off driving back to the district.
The other detectives in the van and cars waited a while before pulling out the car park one at a time so they didn't look suspicious. All of them arrived back at the district and hailey made her way over to rose, "so did I do your plan Justice?" She joked and pulled her into a friendly hug, "oh yeah, 110%" Rose sarcastically laughed back which made them all chuckle, hailey rested her arm around rose's shoulder and they just watched the team prepare the guns for the deal later. Hank and jay stood next to each other on the opposite side of the room watching Rose and hailey getting along perfectly, "they seem to like each other huh?" Hank said to jay signalling to the two girls, "yeah they do, they got along really well last night too actually. If Rose is happy, then I'm happy" jay said smiling at them.
They all made their way back up to the bullpen again, jay wrapped his arm around Rose and they walked side by side to the break room. "Trying to steal my job huh?" He joked, "duh..." she matched his energy and they both giggled before Rose sat back down to finish some more work. "What work you doing? Can I help?" He said sitting next to her. "Uhhhhhh, I got my criminology taster essay to start, if you want to help me with that?" She questioned while picking up a folder. "I'd love to" he said before taking a sip out of his coffee. They unit had taken their places back at their desks, they had nothing to do other than wait for the guy to text hailey with the location and since it was only 5pm they were going to be waiting a while. Every now and then they would all watch jay helping Rose with her school work, even Hank would come out of his office to peep his head into the break room to check in on them.